Banquet

Samantha's POV

     Steven kept asking me if we needed to go back to start getting ready during our walk. My reassurance that I only needed an hour didn't seem to help until Marcus snapped at Steven saying that I was gorgeous no matter what I wore. That finally got him to shut up.

     When we finally headed back, I found a new dilemma. I didn't feel safe being in the restroom with the other shewolves and the guys didn't like the idea of me being in the Men's with them. After lots of arguing on my part, we finally settled on getting some of the other men that they trusted to help them in keeping out any Peeping Toms from entering the smaller shower room that we found while I got ready. In total, I had 9 men watching the doors for me.

     Chris met me just outside the showers with my dress that they had ordered for me. It was a gorgeous off shoulder split thigh evening gown with a mermaid core style that had colors that range in shades of pinks, teals, turquoise, and purple that matched my eyes. The designs were outlined with black that made them look alive. The dress hugged my frame like a second skin and made my small baby bump more prominent. I loved it.

     The only makeup I chose to wear was a little mascara and a deep red lipstick. My hair was in a low messy bun with tendrils of hair loose to frame my face.

     I walked out of the bathroom and nine sets of eyes zeroed in on me. I could see the moment everyone saw my baby bump. All of them just stared and I could see many of their adams apples bob as they gulped. There was no denying that everyone of those men wanted me and treasured the babies in my belly.

     My hands wrapped around Steven's arm. " You are breathtaking." Steven whispered in my ear and led us to the banquet hall.

     Considering our sleeping arrangements, I was intrigued to see that there was a bellman waiting for us at the entrance to the hall. After speaking with Kyle, he entered to announce our arrival. " May I introduce Samantha Denali, future Luna of the Red Moon Pack."

     Correction, my arrival. With Kyle having the bellman give that introduction, I knew that he was making a statement. 'Marked' or not, I belonged to them. Smiling, I leaned toward Steven's face and gave him a chaste kiss. Releasing Steven, I did the same for Kyle and Marcus. After Marcus released me, Chris walked up to me. Before I knew it, he claimed his own kiss.

     I froze at the touch, but in moments, I was leaning into the kiss. Chris pulled away first and I leaned my forehead on his chest.

     That was......nice.

     Chris has always been just a friend, maybe like a big brother, so I never even tried to think of him as more.

     Thank goodness I didn't wear blush.

     My men led me down the stairs and toward a group of older men. We took up the same U shaped stance as I was introduced to the council.

     Unfortunately, Alpha Alexander was a member of this council. After introductions, he was the first to speak. " Gabriel has the audacity to claim an unmarked shewolf. He doesn't even have the nerve to be here himself to state his claim."

     My men growled, but with a simple raise of my hand, I cut them off. " My Mate has already been assured of his claim on me. His faith in my opinion has made him confident enough to respect my choice in not rushing me when I am in no condition to complete our bond currently. In fact, the only audacious person in this situation is you with your brash opinion and your self entitlement towards anything that involves me. Now please excuse yourself from my presence before I follow through with my promise." I say in a calm voice.

     Alexander clenches his fists and my men step forward, ready to protect me. One of the other council members places a hand on Alexander's shoulder. Without a word, Alexander walks away.

     " What promise would that be?" Kyle's father asks.

     I feign indifference and look at my nails as I speak," I promised Alexander a penectomy if he did not keep his distance from me."

     " How dare you threaten a council member!" Kyle's dad blurts out. His face is turning red with rage.

     Before I can say anything else, Kyle blurts out," He touched an unmated pregnant shewolf without permission. It was in our rights to cut off his hands for that..... He's lucky he was let off with a warning." All my men were growling now.

     " Forgive me gentlemen, but I believe we have entertained this ignorant notion of what's best for my safety long enough. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go rest now, for tomorrow we will be heading back to the only place that I feel is safe for myself and my unborn children." I say and let some of my exhaustion show.

     " The gathering isn't over for another two days. You can no...." Kyle's dad is cut off by the man that had placed his hand on Alexander's shoulder. " Forgive us child for we were ill informed about your situation. I shall send dinner to your room for you all."

     My men follow me back to our room, joking all the way about how I easily put all those old alphas in check. "You sounded like the perfect Luna..... Sophisticated yet domineering," Kyle said laughingly.

     " I've never heard you talk like that. It was HOT," Chris says.

     " Ha you learn a few things when most of the men at the Veterinary Conferences are snooty old guys." I quip.

     The guys get our mattresses spread out as I change into a pair of Marcus' sweats. True to his word, I came out to trays of food spread out. Marcus grabbed his laptop from his bag and we picked a movie to watch as we ate and cuddled.

     The Hestings boys decided to join us on the floor when they made it back to the room. Carrie chose to stay on the bunk beds.

     The Second movie was almost over and I was starting to fall asleep when a butler approached us. "The council asks for your presence."

     We all start to get up when he speaks again," Not the shewolf, just you four."

     Marcus was about to argue when Xander spoke up. " We will watch her for you." Marcus looks at me and I give him a small nod. My men leave and I continue to watch the end of the movie.

     The sound of rustling reaches my ears and I fight to open my eyes. A blurry image of Nate sitting up as a cloaked figure pushes a syringe into his neck greets me. I try to yell, but a clothed hand cuts off my sound and a sharp prick is felt in my neck.

     Unable to struggle, blackness consumes me.

Please vote and comment.