How Many?

Samantha's POV

     I walk into Keith's room and see that Doc has arrived. He was wrapping Gabe's arm as I walked over. Gabe gave me a nod as I handed him the cookies and juice.

     " These will help." I said then walked over to Keith. He had a little more color to him, but he still looked rough. I sat down on the bed next to him and gave him a kiss on his cheek. As I was running my hand through his hair, Doc spoke up.

     " He'll make it.....thanks to you." I looked up at him at his words.

     " He almost died thanks to me. I'm the one Michael was after. He should've just let them take me." I say then look down.

     My eyes fill with unshed tears and I try to blink them away. Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I lift my head.

     " No one deserves what you've been through. We weren't there to protect you before, but Keith would gladly do it all again to make sure you were safe.......we all would." Cain said and gave my shoulder a light squeeze.

     My body filled with warmth at his words.

     " Besides, it was your quick thinking that saved Keith. You could've coward in fear, but you didn't. You faced that monster, and instead of wallowing, you stepped up and did everything you could to save my brother." Damian said from across the room.

     Hearing a grunt, I look at Gabriel. His eyes are bright with pride. He walks to me and lifts me up. His eyes never leave mine as he slowly wraps his hands around my waist and leans down so his nose is in my neck. He breathes me in.

     I freeze for a moment before melting into his arms, hugging him back. I start to cry as I speak. " I shouldn't have run away from you. I was sss-scared. I know you wouldn't hurt me, but when we almost.....I got a flashback of..... the fear made me run. I'm so sorry Gabriel. I couldn't handle losing any of you....yo- your my family.

     " Gabe starts to purr at my words. I feel someone hug me from behind and soon I'm in the middle of a big group hug from all the guys.

     We all stay like this until we hear a throat clearing. We all look up to see Doc.

     " Now that Keith is out of danger, I need to check on you and the pup." Doc says as he looks at my belly. I nod and limp out of the warmth of the guy's arms and over to the bed they had vacated. Doc checks me over then puts a stethoscope to my belly.

     " Most of your wounds are healing fine, but you've done more damage to your leg. You'll need to take it easy for a few days." Doc says as he starts to put his equipment away.

     " How's the baby?" Gabriel asks.

     Doc clears his throat and sits next to me on the bed.

     " The babies are fine. Just as strong as their mamma." Doc says as he places my hands in his.

     What?

     " Babies?" Gabriel asks. Thank goodness someone was able to ask. I couldn't find my voice.

     " I heard two distinct heart beats which means that Samantha is blessed with twins. Since you're a shewolf, your pregnancy won't be as long as a humans. I'd like to do an ultrasound in a few days." Doc says giving my hand a squeeze.

     I give him a nod. Before finding my voice. "We will do one when Keith wakes up and the boys are back. For now, I need a nap."

     Doc chuckles and Cain picks me up and places me in bed next to Keith. He kisses my forehead then leaves the room. The guys all give me a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

     I woke up to yelling.

     " That sheb***h almost killed my son!"

     Eric

     There was a loud growl.

     " That woman saved his life! She could've just let that monster kill Keith and take her, but she didn't..... She could've cowered and hid, but instead she killed four rogues! Doc wouldn't have made it in time, but instead of crawling into a corner and crying, she took control and did what none of us could do. She has been through more than any of us would ever wish for on our enemies and still has the will to carry on and live!.... You will never speak of her that way again! She is a part of this family and this pack."

     Gabriel

     " How dare you speak to me this way!.... You're in love with the little rogue aren't you?" Eric spat out.

     I didn't hear Gabriel's response. At that moment I saw Maria sitting quietly in a chair across from me. She looked like she had aged ten years. Her eyes were red and her face was blotchy from crying. She gave me a weak smile then walked over to the bed holding Keith and I. Maria kissed Keith's forehead and brushed a loose strand of hair from his face.

     " Thank you.... for saving him." Maria said. Words escaped me, so I gave her a small nod. She gave me one last smile then left the room.

     The days were passing. I wasn't allowed to walk around on my own. The guys would carry me to the bathroom and bring me my meals. They would try to talk me into hanging out in the living room, but I wouldn't budge from Keith's side.

     He hasn't woken up yet, but each day his color would return a little more. Doc stayed in the main house and would check on us regularly.

     I woke up to movement in my belly. Looking over to the clock, I saw that it was a little after two a.m. The babies were apparently awake and wrestling. This was the first time I felt them move. Tears filled my eyes and my hand went to my belly.

      They must've felt me and started kicking where my hand was. I looked over to see Keith. He had healed up enough that we could lay him on his back now. I rolled over and cuddled into his side.

     " You need to wake up soon, Keke. I can't do this without you guys....without you." I said and placed his hand where the babies were kicking. I can feel a small spark wherever Keith's body touches mine, but instead of it being painful, it's comforting.

     This is where I belong.... My family.

     I snuggled into Keith a little more. My head was now resting on his chest. I thought I felt a slight movement from his hand, but I was too tired for it to register and soon I was asleep.

Please vote and comment.