Uncle Edwin

Samantha's POV

     The cool crisp air of the night fills my lungs as I run through the forest and I wolf form. Leaves rustled underneath my paws. The sound of a branch breaking in the distance hit my ears and I stopped to see where it came from. There was a growl moments before the wolf stepped out and I turned to run, but it was too late. Michael's jaw clamped down on my neck. He caught me......

     My eyes popped open as I jolted awake and quickly sat up. The movement made my leg ache and I gently rubbed it as I took in my surroundings.

     Safe.

     This was Marcus and Steven's room, and I was in the Warrior's cabin on Red Moon pack land. A small whimper passed my lips as I slowly scooted to the edge of the bed. My sounds must have alerted him as Kyle steps into the room.

     "Let me give you a hand... Marcus and Steven are busy making breakfast." Kyle said and scooped me up in his arms. As he carried me to the bathroom, the scent of bacon and sausage hit me and my stomach rumbled. Kyle gently put me down next to the toilet, then walked out, closing the door behind him.

     I quickly did my business, then hobbled to the door. Kyle was already waiting for me and he picked me up and carried me to the couch.

     Steven came out of the kitchen with two plates of food. Marcus followed close behind with a plate in one hand, and three glasses of juice balanced in the other. They handed me my food and juice, then took up the spots on either side of me. I rested my glass between my legs while I ate. Marcus took my empty plate and placed my prenatal and the other medicine in my hand. I looked at the pills with dread. They were huge.

     "Do I need to hold you down while Marcus shoves them down your throat?" Steven says in my ear. I shake my head no, then take a mouthful of juice and plop one of the horse pills in my mouth and swallow.

     Disgusting

     After swallowing the second pill, I chug the rest of my juice. Gabriel appears before me and takes my empty glass and replaces it with a full glass of milk. Raising my eyebrow in question, he responds to my unasked question. "It's good for you and the baby."

     Holding my breath, I quickly chug it down. "Yuck! Can it at least be chocolate milk next time? I ask. Marcus chuckles and grabs my empty glass before saying, "Whatever you want, princess." I stick my tongue out at him, which makes him laugh as he walks into the kitchen.

     Cain sits down in Marcus's empty spot and looks at me. Whatever he has on his mind, I'm sure it involves Chris. "I think I need to call Chris and let him know I'm okay now." I say.

     "Yeah... I actually called him last night." Cain says and looks at his watch. " In fact, he should be here within the hour," he adds.

     I facepalm myself and groan. "He's not going to let me out of his sight for months." I whine. Cain lets out a little chuckle, then mumbles, "More like the rest of your life."

     "Awe man!" I throw my hands up, not able to help sounding like a child. "What's the deal with you two?" Gabriel says, sounding a little angry. I lift my hand to my mouth, trying to hide my smirk.

     He's jealous

     "Chris and I have been neighbors for about five years.... Best friends almost since the day we met." I say, looking Gabriel in the eyes so he can see the truth in them.

     "If he was your best friend, then why did you hide your scent, and the fact that you're a shewolf?" he growls. Gabriel's wolf was starting to rise. He was angry.