Mine

Gabriel's POV

(The same morning of Sam's investigation)

     I was having a meeting with the other warriors about the recent rogue sighting. "Now tell me again how the Volant Rogue escaped you guys. Wasn't he in your hands? You can't even describe the way he looks," I say in anger.

     "It's the same guy we were tracking up by the mountain. I would recognize that scent anywhere," says Edward. He is my second in command and older brother.

     "He may be scrawny, but he's fast..... None of us could catch up with him," Keith adds.

     Before I could say anything else, my phone rang. I look at the caller ID and see that it's Chris, Cain's younger brother. "This is Gabriel," I say.

     "Hey Gabe, it's Chris, there's been an animal attack. Something took out a few heads of cattle. I don't know all the details yet, but my human friend just went to investigate," he replies. He must suspect that wolves are involved, otherwise he wouldn't waste our time.

     "Cain and I are on our way," I say before hanging up. I know everyone in the room heard the conversation so I don't need to repeat myself. "The rest of you need to find this rogue," I say as Cain and I head out the door.

     Chris greets us at his door as soon as we pull up. "So I made plans with my human friend to have dinner here tonight. Her name is Samantha Denali and she is a vet. I need to warn you guys to not get too close to her. She has had a very abusive relationship in the past and is as timid as a mouse when it comes to men around her. Myself and her uncle are the only men that I'm aware of that she allows near her, so please be cautious or she won't open up to you."

     I'm surprised Chris even took a breath through saying all that. My wolf is near the surface. He is furious at the thought of any female being mistreated. Cain and I both release a growl. "That is why I had to tell you before she was around. I knew you would act this way. I know I did when I finally found out," Chris says.

     "Well let's go grab some more food for dinner before she gets back," I say and the three of us hop into my Navigator and head to the store.

     Shortly after we got back to Chris's, I saw a beat up old brown Ford truck heading our way. Chris rushes past me to greet the new arrival. Must be Samantha I think as Cain and I wait for them to approach. She has to be the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen. I don't even notice her blood soaked clothes until my wolf tries to get her scent. Human, my wolf says to me. Then why am I so attracted to her? I told him. Chris introduces us and I hold out my hand to her, but she just looks at me. A few moments pass as she doesn't reach to shake my hand so I put my hand down.

     "She doesn't like to be touched," Chris says. I want to growl at him to quit touching her himself. She practically looks scared as he tells her that we are joining them for dinner. I watch her quickly leave and we head back inside to get dinner started.

     "Are you sure she's just a friend, little bro, cause she is beeeeauteeeefullllll," Cain says while chuckling. My growl cuts him off from his laughter. "Never mind. I didn't realize you went for humans boss man," Cain says with a wink.

     "My wolf is drawn to her, like a mate, but it's not possible. She's human," I say. "You need to be careful with her, Gabe. I've never even seen her go on a date," Chris tells me.

     I'm starting to cook the steaks when I catch a whiff of her. Hoping for a hint of wolf, but all I get is artificial flowers. Must be her perfume or lotion or something. No trace of her natural scent. I feel the need to hear her angelic voice so I ask," How do you like your steak sugar?"

     "Medium rare please." How can just her voice turn me on?

     Cain gets her to start talking about the animal attack. When she confirmed that it was wolves, my body instantly went rigid. Rogues in my territory I thought. She rushes to assure us that she told the locals that it was coyotes.

     My wolf just wants to be near her. Before I realize it, I'm right behind her breathing her in and whispering in her ear. " Why would you say that?" My skin grazes hers as I move her hair to the side and I instantly feel the mate sparks. Shocked, I quickly drop my hand.

     I see a flash of fear in her eyes before she steps away and says," Not quite sure, but I didn't want a bunch of men traipsing through the woods dead set on killing the local wolf population. Now they'll be looking for coyotes that aren't even around here."

     I couldn't help it so I stepped closer and said, "So you're fond of wolves, princess?" The need to be near her is undeniable. I've never heard of someone having a mate bond with a human before. Sure, there are some who have mated humans before. It's pretty common since there aren't very many shewolves, but they never shared the connection until they were mated and it was never as strong as a true mate bond, or so I've been told. "Some'' she chirps before bouncing over to the table.

     After we clean up, I see her sitting on the porch swing so I decide to join her. I can't help but notice a spark when our skin touches. Mate, my wolf says. How? I think.

     She jumps up rushing to escape, but I know that I don't want to be away from her yet, so I practically force her to let me walk her home. I find it amusing that she is trying to rush this short walk home. She says "well bye" and tries to run inside, but I'm too quick. I grab her arm and pull her toward me. I cup her cheek in my hand and say," I'm glad I met you."

     Then I kissed her. She is rigid for a moment then she melts into the kiss and starts pulling me tighter against her. My wolf is telling me to mate her now, but I'm able to push him back. Next thing I know, she pushes me away and slams the door in my face. I turn around and walk back over to Chris's. My wolf whimpers for me to go back and take her. I know that I'll have to go about this differently. She's human and I'm pretty sure that she doesn't know about us. One thing is for certain.....

     She will be mine.

Please vote and comment.