Bedtime Arrangements

Gabriel's POV

     The guys and I walked back in as Steven started talking. " My dear Sam. You have nothing to worry about. Those men are gone and we will care for both you and the baby."

     I froze in place when hearing this.

     She's pregnant! My Samantha will be a mother.

     It didn't matter that I wasn't the father because I will be. My wolf jumped forward with elation at the thought. Samantha's words cut that excitement short. "Michael is still out there. He will come back for me and his child."

     My wolf jumped up in anger and I had to reassure my wolf before I lost control.

    We will kill this Michael. Samantha is ours, and so is that baby. My wolf agreed and I knew we all felt the same when I heard Edward speak. "He will not get near you or your child! We will kill him before we let that happen." Now I just had to talk to my father and get him to agree.

     Doc gave Marcus some prenatals for the baby, then he packed up his stuff to head out. Marcus, Steven and I stopped Doc at the door to have a few words. Steven was the first to talk. "Do you think she might try to get rid of the baby?'' Steven whispers. My stomach churned at the thought of anything happening to Sam or the baby.

     "It's possible. After what she went through, she might feel that she doesn't want something that will tie her to that r*pist... Keep a close eye on her, just in case." Doc directs the last part towards me. "We need to make both her and the baby feel loved," Marcus adds.

     "She is loved. That woman in there has already stolen all of our hearts. She just doesn't know it yet, but she will. My wolf acknowledges that he wants her as his mate... We won't let anything happen to her or her pup." I said. Marcus quirks his eyebrow at me as Doc gives us a nod then heads to his car.

     When we walk back into the living room, the guys are already taking turns touching her belly. Marcus, Steven and I all get in line, waiting for our turn with Sam and the baby. I'm the last one to approach her. The men all seem to respond to my unspoken request and parted ways, leaving an opening straight to her.

     Our eyes lock as I kneel down in front of her. Her shirt has ridden up a little from all the guys rubbing her imperceptible baby bump and a little bit of her glorious skin has been exposed. My hand goes straight for the small strip of skin and I splay my palm under her shirt. Her breath hitches as my thumb caresses her soft skin. Before I let her go, I bring my lips down to gently caress her skin in an unspoken promise. A throat clearing breaks us of our moment and I pull away.

     We all settle down as some of the guys start playing video games. When Cain asks for help so he can go use the bathroom, I jump up to take his place. Sam is sound asleep, so she doesn't even feel us switching places.

     Once her head is nestled in my lap, I gently run my fingers through her silky hair, while I position my other hand on her non-existent baby bump. My body feels warm everywhere that we touch. This woman is mine, she just doesn't know it yet.

     A couple hours later, I realized that it was past midnight. Gently nudging her, she wakes up. "It is time to go to bed. We don't have an extra room for you yet, but we can all bring our mattresses out here and camp out in the living room, or any of us would be more than happy to share a bed with you." I said, hoping that she realized that we wouldn't be leaving her alone.

     My hand never stopped playing with her hair and she seems to ponder this for a minute before sitting up. She looks at me, then at the other guys. Her eyes stop on Marcus before she stands up. Nothing was said, but we all got the point. She wanted to sleep with Marcus tonight. Marcus picks her up and carries her his room. Steven follows behind him, since they share their room.

     My wolf is agitated that she didn't want to sleep with us, but I remind him that it was Marcus who rescued her. He is her safety net, and she will need time to be completely comfortable around other men again.

     Marcus walks out of his room. He glances at me briefly before heading to my room. I'm about to follow him when a moment later, he is walking toward me with one of my t-shirts and a pair of my boxers in hand.

     I give him an approving nod, and he gives me a quick smile before going back into his room. About five minutes later, I hear furniture moving and some talking coming from their room. Curiosity wins out, and I find myself walking towards the noise.

     Marcus and Steven had pushed their beds together and filled in the crack with blankets. Samantha is laying in the middle, and Steven and Marcus both have their arms draped over her.

     Smiling at the thought of her in our home, I turn off their light and quietly close their door. My body is exhausted and ready for bed, but there's no rest for me yet. I leave our cabin and head over to the main house.

     Dad needs to be informed of the situation. We now have a skittish, pregnant, rogue female to protect. And our small group of warriors seem to have already staked a claim on her.

     This guy, Michael, is still out there and will pose a threat if he hears about her condition. Hopefully, he's found his men dead, and is many towns away, but my wolf seems to feel like we haven't heard the last of this man.

     Monster is a better word for him. No real man would do this to any woman, especially a shewolf.

Please vote and comment.