Help Him

Gabriel's POV

     What just happened?

     She was presenting to me one moment, then running the next. Licking my lips, I could still taste her sweet nectar on my tongue. My wolf growled in my head. He wanted me to go after her. Daniel, Keith, and Damian were barking and howling for Sam to come back, but I was too angry to do anything to get her attention.

     That b***h! Making me feel like she wants me, and then runs away. She's just trying to get me to chase her. I won't fall for that twice. Sam is just like Selene. "Let's head back now," I said through the pack link. "Shouldn't we go after her?" Keith said. His anger radiated through his words.

     My wolf growled and I quickly turned to face him. " I WILL NOT LEAVE JULIA UNPROTECTED!"..... Not again. The last part was left unsaid, but I knew the guys were thinking the same. Jules linked me. "Please send someone after her. I smelt her fear. Sh..." "I wasn't forcing myself on her!" I yell as I cut her off.

     " No brother. I know you wouldn't, but she doesn't. All she knows it's how other men have treated her.... how THEY treated her..... She's not Selene." Julia said. The look in her eyes was pleading for me to go after Sam. My wolf was fighting for dominance. His need to go after his mate was almost overpowering. I had to find a compromise.

     Letting out a snuff (still in wolf form) I linked everyone. " Keith, follow her scent. See if you can get her to come back. Let me know when you find her. The rest of us will go back to the cabin." Keith's wolf gave me a quick nod before taking off. Everyone else relaxed a little, and didn't hesitate to take formation and start walking back.

     We were almost back to the cabin when Keith linked me. " Gabe! I found Sam's scent, but I need backup ASAP!" His voice was filled with worry. Even through the mind link. I stopped dead in my tracks. "Where are you? What's going on?" I demanded.

     "Rogues... Followed scent toward river. Don't know how many." Keith said. His words were short and clipped like he was distracted.

     I immediately sent Daniel to the cabin with Julia and Damian, then Cain and I ran toward the river.

Samantha's POV

     Michael

     There was no helping the whimper I released as I slowly backed away from his approach. three steps... I had made it only three steps before I was hit with another foul stench. More growls followed as I realized that Michael wasn't alone.

     A quick glance back told me there were two wolves behind me. I did a mental calculation of my location. 

     The pack house is to my right.

     Just as I thought that, two wolves approached from that direction, then two more came from my left. I was surrounded with no way out.

     S**T!

     Michael changed into a man and started stalking toward me with an evil grin. Unable to fight them all, I had to try reason, so I changed back as well. My wolf didn't want me so vulnerable, but it was the only way to talk to Michael since we didn't share a pack link. He stopped about two feet in front of me and my hand instantly went to my belly. A move that was both for protection as well as acknowledgement in hopes to reason.

     "Did you miss me?" He asks. Like he doesn't already know the answer. "Michael... Please don't hurt OUR baby. I'll co...." I managed to get out before he cut me off. His hand wrapped around my throat and I started choking. My hands went immediately to his, trying to remove them, but he was too strong.

     "Shut up you little b***h! You will pay for leaving me again!" he yelled. His hands were still wrapped tight around my throat. I was getting light headed from the lack of oxygen. He pulled me closer to him until our faces were inches apart.

     "I'm going to beat you to the brink of death, then heal you so I can do it all over again." He growled out. My vision was starting to blacken around the edges. With the lack of air, my brain fumbled for an idea... Anything because I had to do something quick. "Don't worry bout the pup. I'll make sure your belly won't be touched, you little who....!"

     His words were cut off by my claws digging into his gut. I've never been able to change only certain parts of my body before, but there I stood. His grasp loosened , and I dislodged my hand from his stomach. Uncontrollable coughs and gasps took over as my body greedily took in the much needed air. He stepped back and looked down at the mess I left of his abdomen. His eyes turned black right before he swung at me. I dodged him and clawed his face. He stumbled back in both shock and pain.

     I took the opportunity to look behind me at the sound of fighting. Seeing Keith, in wolf form, fighting two of the rogues, I felt a bit relieved. My eyes wouldn't release Keith and Michael took advantage of my distraction and hit me. Pain radiated from my cheek, and I went down, hands flailing before me in hopes to soften my fall.

     Keith growled, but he was now surrounded by six rogues. Michael stomped down on my hand, making two of my fingers break, and grabbed a wad of my hair as leverage to stand me up. It was hard to keep my cries of pain in, but I did, knowing it would only please him. Michael always did get off on the pain. He pulled me close until my back was flush with his front and wrapped a hand around my throat while the other snaked around my waist. Pinning me to him.

     " Watch... as they rip him to pieces." He growled in my ear. Only four rogues were left, the other two were lying dead at Keith's feet. The rogues were taking turns going in for quick attacks. Keith was managing to avoid any major damage, but he was visibly slowing down. I struggled to get free, but Michael's grip was too tight.

     A few leaves rustling was the only warning as Cain jumped out of the trees and rushed in to help Keith. Quick movement from the corner of my eye was all I saw before Michael was hit and we all went down. I was temporarily pinned down beneath Michael's weight before he jumped up to face his new threat. 

     Gabriel fight Michael was a sight to see. Both had gone into their wolf form as they dodged a parried each other's attacks. It quickly became obvious that Michael had a severe disadvantage against Gabriel in both brute force and wit. I left the fight to them as I struggled to get up and out of their way.

     Fearing for Keith and Cain, I peeked over to see them fighting with the only three remaining wolves. I stayed in stance and ready to fight, even though my flight instinct dulled with the more equal numbers. 

     My relief was short lived as a rustling produced ten more rogues coming through the trees. One snuck up right behind Keith as his focus was on fighting two wolves already. "NO!" My warning was too late as the rogue swiped across Keith's back. His eyes widened in fear and pain as he fell.

     My feet were already carrying me in his direction as I shifted into my wolf midair and lunged at Keith's attacker. The guy didn't have a chance as my teeth clamped down on his throat and ripped it out. Metallic warmth coated my tongue as I growled at the filthy rogues.

     Cain had managed to finish off the three original rogues that had shown up and was next to me. "Stay behind me," he growled. "Not a chance." I retorted and lunged again towards our new arrivals. Instinct took over as I let my wolf have control. She would make these rogues pay for hurting my Keith.

     Just as my claw was about to slice into my fifth victim, something heavy landed on me. Teeth clamped around my bad leg as the weight pinned me down and my wolf whimpered in pain. I vaguely heard someone yell my name. The teeth loosened on my leg moments before the weight was removed. 

     I could feel my consciousness fading as the smell of aspens and rain filled my lungs. My body felt weightless as Gabriel lifted me. My arm weakly went to my belly as he cradles me closer. My vision blurred and I knew that I was fighting a losing battle with my body.

     "Help Keith," I breathlessly said before passing out. 

Please vote and comment.