Broodmare

Samantha's POV

     The trip to my current camping spot was short and uneventful. I had made good timing with the short trek up the slope. I guess the urgency of getting away helped with that.

     This had always been my favorite camping spot, but it's been a few years since I've used it. Thanks to 'him', I've been avoiding this place. With the years that have passed and no sign of him, I finally feel comfortable enough to return. There was a river nearby and it had fairly even ground. The best part was that it was on the side of a mountain and the view was great. What I loved the most about this place was that I used to come camping here with my dad. We always had to have warriors escort us, but they were good at keeping their distance so that we had our bonding time. Tears pricked my eyes as the memories came.

     I searched the area to ensure my solidarity before starting to set everything up. Sweat trickled down my temple and my shirt clung to me as I struggled to get the site set up. The onset of my heat made it all the more difficult, but I pushed through and finished getting my tent up. Thank goodness I still had some of my old camping gear in the garage.

     While we could technically get pregnant just about any time, shewolves go through a heat once a year. We become so fertile that human contraceptives are ineffective. What's even worse is that we change into our wolf forms and lose control as our animal side takes over.

     The last time that I tried to lock myself up in my basement, I woke up in what was left of Chris's bedroom. Fortunately, he had been away in what I assume was pack business, but my lovely wolf had torn his room to shreds in search of a male partner. He came home mere hours after I gained consciousness. I had just gotten myself cleaned up and was heading back to his house to see what I could salvage when he showed up.

     What's worse is that he freaked out, but not about the state of his home. I overheard him talking to a fellow pack member and telling them that he couldn't believe a rogue shewolf was around and that it was so close to me. Guilt ate me up at his concern. It was then that I became resolute in not telling him about me. That was also when I started taking my camping trips again. My wolf couldn't search out what wasn't there.... Right?

     Exhaustion set in and I decided to take a nap before my heat forced the change on me. The sound of a twig snapping wakes me up. I'm barely able to register the awful odor before my tent opens up...... Rogues. Rogues didn't always smell bad, but these ones did. "I knew you'd be back some day," he says with an evil grin as he slowly walks towards me. I try to scoot away from him, but the sounds of bones cracking and the pain stop me from creating any more distance. My heat is here. Defeat is the last thing I feel before I see his fist coming at me, then nothing but black...

***Warning, The remainder of this chapter contains hints of s*xual abuse. Please skip this chapter if these are triggers for you.***

     The first thing that hits me is the smell. Bodily fluids, dirt, and rot cling to everything around me. I don't want to open my eyes to let them know that I'm awake. There is no point. I know where I'm at...... hell. Michael has found me again and I'm down in his little dungeon. My heart breaks knowing that there will be no chance to escape this time. He won't let me go.

     "I know you're awake, angel. Why don't you show me those gorgeous purple eyes of yours?" I open my eyes knowing that fighting him will only make it worse. My whole body is bruised and beaten. I'm afraid to know how long my heat lasted. How many days he has tortured me. How many days he has tried to breed me like some farm animal.

     I can feel dirt and grime mixed with my own blood all over my arms and legs, but I don't bother to wipe them off. I'm his little play thing.

     There's a sting when his hand hits my cheek. " Ah... it's a shame . There's still some fight left in you. I see it in your eyes," he sneers out. My mouth stays shut, but my eyes glare at him on their own accord.

     "B***H!!" He yells then cocks back and hits me again. He uses his body weight to force me to my hands and knees and I know what he's going to do next.

     Breed me.

     I turn inward and go to the one place he can't hurt me.... my mind.

I know this is a short chapter, But I wanted to make sure that no details were lost if anyone chose to skip it. Please vote and comment.