Meeting the Parents

Samantha's POV

Three days later

     Our days soon turned into a routine. We would eat meals together in the living room, then we would play video games or watch movies as I would fall asleep on the couch with my head and feet in someone's lap.

     My wolf loved the attention from all the guys, but she craved more from Gabriel. He was the only one that she would allow to touch my belly skin to skin. I still went to bed with Marcus and Steven every night. There was just something about them that made me feel like I was home.

     I was also starting to feel really drawn to Gabriel. I really liked him, but I wasn't ready to be intimate with him. My mixed feelings kept leaving us in awkward situations that always left the other guys teasing me/ My leg was feeling much better, so I was able to walk on my own. Though, I think the men were disappointed that they couldn't carry me around any more, so I occasionally dramatized my pain for their sake... Let's face it, for mine as well.

     The front door opened, and an older gentleman and a woman walked in with Doc. There's an aura of power radiating from them that tells me they are the Alpha and Luna, as well as Gabriel. Edward, and Keith's parents.

     I can tell where the guys get their looks from. The man looks like an older Gabriel. He has the same blue eyes and dimples. His age is only noticeable by the gray that shows around his temples in his black hair. He smells of earth and a musky manliness that I couldn't quit put a name to. Gabriel walks over to them, and I can see that his father is about 6'6". Only an inch shorter than Gabriel.

     The woman is a complete contrast to the men. She only reaches the man's chest, and has long blonde hair that reaches her waist. Her eyes are a pale blue, and she smelled like lilies.

     I can feel my wolf's hackles raise, fighting the natural urge to want to submit to their power. My wolf usually submitted quickly so no one would find out how strong she was, but for some reason, she needed him to know.

     I stood up and stared down the man, refusing to look away. I know his wolf would see this as a challenge, but I wasn't ready to give. His eyes briefly flash black, showing that his wolf is in control, then go back to blue.

     He gives me a smirk, then a genuine smile and I can feel all the guys calm down. Apparently they were afraid of how their alpha would react to my little display of power. "Samantha, I'd like you to meet Alpha Eric Randall and Luna Maria Randall of the Red Moon pack... My parents." Gabriel says with a hint of pride. They both give me a smile and my wolf calms just a fraction.

     "It's a pleasure to meet you child. I now know how you've managed to captivate all my warriors." Eric says, stretching out his hand towards my belly. Fear for my unborn child kicks in as I take a step back without breaking eye contact. Gabriel moves to stand behind me and wraps his hands, protectively, around my belly.

     "Samantha won't let new wolves touch her. She was like this even before," Gabriel says. Eric drops his hand back to his side and pastes on a smile that doesn't reach his eyes. His eyes shift black, then back to normal. It was so fast that I wouldn't have caught it if I wasn't already staring at him. I get the feeling that his anger has nothing to do with what I had gone through. Subtly, Gabriel had just challenged his dominance. He had put my safety first.

     "Well I'm glad to see that you're feeling better. I brought you some clothes." Maria steps forward and I finally notice the clothes neatly folded in her hands. Not wanting to disregard her kindness, I give her a small nod and grab the clothes from her.

     "Looks like your leg is better." Doc finally speaks. " I still want to take another look, and make sure the wolfsbane has flushed through your system." he says as he places a hand on my lower back and guides me toward the bathroom.

     He follows me in and closes the door behind us. Setting his bag on the counter, he pulls out a cup and hands it to me. "Do you need me to leave?" he says, raising an eyebrow in question. I shake my head no and quickly use the restroom.

     Handing him the sample, he pours a little into two different vials. "This time, I just need to test for wolfsbane, and to make sure, pregnancy again." I nod and lift myself up to sit on the counter as well. While we waited for the tests, he poked and prodded my leg. "Looks good, but you still can't run on it for another week. I would like you to try and change into your wolf today to speed up healing." he says, then examines the tubes. "Okay sugar, let's go back to the living room so I only have to say this once." Doc says, as he helps me off the counter.

     Everyone's talking ceases as we enter the room. Doc guides me to sit on the couch before he talks. "She is healing well and can get around on her own. I have suggested for her to change into her wolf today, but no running yet. There are still a few traces of the wolfsbane, so she still needs to take those pills. Four more days should be enough. I will come back to check on her and the baby in about three weeks. In the meantime, she will need to make sure she is eating plenty. Guys... What she may ask for might sound gross or weird, but cravings usually are our body's way of telling us it is running low on something. Lots of proteins and fruits and vegetables." With that , Doc kisses my forehead and grabs his bag to head out.

      Marcus comes and sits next to me. He lifts my head to make eye contact. "Steven, Edward, Kyle and myself will be leaving today. We are needed at the Gray Moon pack. They are having issues with some rogues. Keith and Daniel are going to take you to town so you can get some clothes. Whatever you think you might like to eat, get it." he says.

     "How long will you be gone? and when are you leaving?" I ask. "Shouldn't be more than a week, we leave in about an hour."

     "Well it was nice meeting you Samantha. Gabriel, I have to take your mother to town tomorrow. Damian and Julie will come here while we are gone." Eric says, then he and Maria leave.

     I stand up and walk to Marcus and Steven's room, leaving the door cracked behind me. I take off the t-shirt and boxers, and kneel down. The change is quick since my wolf had been withheld for too long and was eager to get out. The sound of bones cracking seems to echo in the room. Using my nose to nudge the door open, I walk out to the living room. None of the men move as they don't want to agitate my wolf.

     She walks up to each of them, and rubs the side of her head against their leg, allowing each one to rub her head briefly before walking over to Marcus. Marcus scoots to the edge of the couch and starts rubbing behind her ears and my wolf takes the opportunity and starts licking Marcus's face. Everyone starts laughing as Marcus pulls away and wipes the drool off with his sleeve.

     "Only you princess." Marcus says with a frown on his face. His eyes give him away, showing his adoration and humor toward me. I give him a short yip before grabbing my new clothes in my teeth and going back to the room. I quickly throw on the floral print dress and panties before putting on Marcus's flip flops. They are huge, but I don't have shoes of my own. Marcus notices right away and just laughs and shakes his head. I give him a sheepish smile, then stick my tongue out at him. I know, so mature.

Please vote and comment.