CHAPTER 1: What Is This Feeling

It's been 6 months since that day. 6 months since we departed. I wonder, does he still think about me like I think about him? No don't be ridiculous Serena.

You may be wondering what I've been doing since we separated. Well I've done exactly what I said I would do, come to the Hoeen region and become the best performer I could possibly be. So far my journey around Hoenn has been eventful to say the least. Travelling alone has been a learning curve for sure. I've met new friends and new pokemon as well. Recently I captured a beautiful Altaria which I am really looking forward to using in my next contest. Speaking of contests, how have they been?

Well a mixed bag if I'm being completely honest. I really struggled to adapt at first to the different format, but recently I have had more success. Which brings me to where I am now. Sat on the balcony of the Mauville city pokemon centre the night before a contest where I'm hoping.... No, where I am going to win my 3rd ribbon. So that's why your awake right Serena, your worried about tomorrow's contest. Wrong. Yes that's right, I'm thinking about him again. I'm thinking about Ash.

Sometimes I sit and question why I care so much, but then it hits me. You can't put logic and love together they don't mix. I love Ash Ketchum unconditionally no matter what he says or does I'll always love him. Even though we've been apart for so long now, I still miss him. A part of me wants to get on the next plane to Kanto and run to him to tell him how I feel, or even just travel with him again. But that isn't what I promised him.

Truth is though, I'm more worried about Ash then I ever have been. Stupid right. Well truth is, I worry about his mental state. Ash may be the strongest and most upbeat person I know, but there's no way what happened in Kalos didn't effect him. Although he would never show it, losing the way he did must have hurt. It shocked us all when Alian beat him in the kalos league finals. Not because Ash was the overwhelming favourite, no not at all. It's because we seen how hard he had worked to get there, and the fairy tail ending was insight. Ash and Greninja beat their biggest rivals to win the kalos league. Unfortunately this time, it was not to be.

Then the Kalos disaster happened. All those people who lost their lives, the scenes in lumiose city could scar anyone. They certainly scarred me. But Ash he showed no fear and if I'm being truthful, saved us all. He led all those remarkable people in to battle with Greninja by his side and showed why he's a hero.

My hero.

Although Ash received a lot of praise, I could tell that Lysandre's way of thinking effected him a lot but he instead brushed aside his own feelings to help me. Me who was only needlessly worrying about what to do next.

So selfish.

All of that was big for Ash, but what happened next was what I worry about the most. Releasing Greninja. Ash and Greninja, they were Like brothers. Pikachu may have been Ash's best friend and his first partner, but his bond with Greninja was just as special. When Squishy said that he needed Greninja to remove the negative energy, I was shocked. I thought Ash and Greninja would be partners forever. But fate had other ideas. I know Ash was hurt but he let him go because it was for the best. But I wonder now, if Ash is okay after all this.

Who am I kidding, this is Ash we're taking about. He's probably off in a new region right now battling new rivals, catching new pokemon and travelling with new friends. New friends huh. Could one of them break his dense shell. Would someone take his heart before me. No Serena that's impossible. Ash could never love anyone he's too dense.

But.

A girl can certainly dream.

_________________________________

Pallet town our heroes home town where he was born and raised is where we start our story. It's a bright day around noon as a brown haired woman walks back to her house from a shop, when she is stoped by a neighbour. The two greet each other with warm smiles before they naturally get to talking.