Chapter 78: Troublesome Preparations

A few days have passed by since Ash reunited with Lapras, and our heroes are in the midst of their final training session at Professor Oak's lab before heading off for the Indigo league.

The league's registration is due to open in just 2 days, with the first round matchups beginning in 3 days. With that in mind, Ash and his friends have already set out their plans for the days to come.

Today is the last day of training with every Pokémon at the lab, making sure everybody is ready to go for the competition ahead. After that, the gang of 4 plan to spend the night at Ash's house before travelling off in the morning towards the indigo plateau. From there the plan is for Ash to register, then for them all to figure out what they are going to be doing in terms of accommodation and to begin planning for Ash's first round match up once it's announced.

But all that is for later on, right now the only focus they have is on training. All 4 of them are at the lab, joined by every single one of Ash's present pokemon.

So far, training has gone on for about 2 hours and has been somewhat successful in a lot of ways. The battles have been nothing but intense, with every Pokémon determined to earn a spot on Ash's team for the indigo league the competition for places is only making training even more fiery than usual.

Considering this is a league taking place on the border between Kanto and Johto, Ash has already made it clear that he does intend to favour pokemon from those regions for selection. However, there are also spaces for pokemon from other regions to have a chance should he need them. Ash isn't going to limit himself to just Pokémon from those two regions, and if he has to battle the elite 4 plus Lance then there's going to be plenty of room for other Pokémon to get involved when needed.

With every Pokémon so eager to impress their trainer, the competition only gets fiercer with each passing match up with simple spars turning into full on heated battles.

The current match up exemplifies this, as Sceptile and Infernape face off on one of the many make shift battlefields. The two of them are panting pretty heavily, having been battling for quite a while now at a fast pace.

Ash stands in one of the trainer boxes, while the rest of his pokemon stand around the outside of the battlefield to watch on. Brock Misty and Serena watch on too, pretty intrigued by such a matchup.

Misty reveals as much as she comments "I can't believe these two have been battling for nearly half and hour now. It's only meant to be a simple spar."

Brock smiles as he looks over at the two and exclaims "Sceptile and Infernape are two of Ash's strongest, as well as some of the most dedicated to their training. It's no surprise to me that their battling so hard to prove to Ash that they are ready should they be needed."

Serena smiles as she looks on at her boyfriend stood on the battlefield, infatuated by seeing his excited little grin. Seeing him so happy to be battling with his pokemon makes her happy, and she can't wait to see him looking even happier once he's battling in front of the large crowd at the indigo league.

With that in mind, the Kalos Queen cups her hands around her mouth as she shouts "Go Sceptile, go Inferpape! You two have been doing amazing!"

Ash hears Serena's encouragement towards his pokemon and chuckles a little, before breaking out into a large smirk . He keeps that smirk on his face as he shouts "Okay you two, you heard the lady didn't you? Let's have one more exchange of attacks and make it the best one yet!"

Sceptile and Infernape both nod to their trainer before locking eyes again, ready to put everything they have into one last exchange.