Chapter 40: Alola League Finals Part 2

Intro

Last time, Ash and Gladion began their finals battle to determine Alola's first ever champion of Alola. The battle so far has gone back and fort with plenty of twists and turns, leaving both trainers with 3 pokemon left. The atmosphere inside the stadium grows ever more tense as this battle edges towards its conclusion.

Both trainers stand in a stare off before they both shout at the same time "LET'S DO THIS!!"

Ash makes the first move as he pumps his fist and commands "Kommo-o, use clanging scales." Kommo-o springs into life as he fires off a purple beam of dragon scales towards his opponent

Gladion shakes his head and counters "Dragon pulse Lucario." Lucario nods and closes his eyes before firing off a dragon shaped purple beam from his paws. Both moves clash together and cancel each other out, causing a small explosion.

Ash reacts first and yells "Use dragon claw!"Kommo-o let's off a small roar and extends his green glowing claws before rushing towards Lucario.

Gladion smirks and shouts "Use bone rush." Lucario slaps his hands together as bone forms in his hands. He runs and takes off towards his opponent with the intent to strike. Both pokemon let off their cries and smash their respective attacks together. They engage in a close quarters duel that goes back and forth with neither side truly able to land a clean decisive hit. Both Pokémon clash together once more before they break for a little space. Kommo-o swings his left claw forwards while Lucario slams his bone forward with his right hand. Both Pokémon smack each other across the face and skid back towards their trainers whille crying out in pain.

Ash smirks slightly and shouts "Use bulk up." Kommo-o smirks as he takes advantage of the new found separation. He flexes his muscles as a red glow comes over him, before disappearing as a green glow comes over him symbolising a raise in his stats.

Gladion decides to counter by further boosting himself as he commands "Lucario use power up punch." Lucario nods and clocks back a fist before charging towards his opponent.

Ash pumps his fist and commands "Kommo-o, use close combat." Kommo-o roars and takes off towards his opponent while his limbs glow with a bright white aura. Both Pokémon engage in another close quarters duel as the crowd roars in approval of the fast paced action they are seeing. Neither side is able to land with anything significant until Kommo-o catches Lucario with a big right straight that sends the aura pokemon stumbling back. However, Luacrio recovers rather quickly and charges back with another fist loaded. He lands an uppercut with immense speed, catching Kommo-o completely off guard. The dragon type cries in pain and is knocked off his feet, landing hard on his back against the ground.

Gladion stays on the attack and shouts "Now use dragon pulse." Lucario focuses and points his paws towards Kommo-o before firing off a purple dragon shaped beam of energy towards his opponent.

Ash grits his teeth and yells in desperation "Dodge it Kommo-o!" Kommo-o hears his trainer slams call and refuses to stay down. He sits up and sees the incoming attack before rolling to the side, barely avoiding a potential fatal blow.

Gladion shakes off the disappointment of not being able to finish the battle and orders "Now use bone rush." Lucario nods and slaps his hands together as a bone quickly forms. He then rushes towards Kommo-o with the intention to strike.

Ash shakes his head and shouts "Block it with dragon claw!" Kommo-o roars and extends his green glowing claws. He then proceeds to cross them over in an Z shape, using them as a defence mechanism. Lucrario slams his bone straight into the claws. The impact is fierce as Kommo-o struggles back but manages to kept his fellow fighting type at bay. As the attacks continue to push against each other, Ash spits an opening that can completely change the course of this battle.