Chapter 95: The Enemy Of My Enemy

Serena's Limo continues to drive on the road towards Pallet town as the gang all prepare to finally return home after the long time spent away at the indigo plateau.

Inside the limo: Ash, Serena, Professor Oak, Gary, Pikachu and Delia all sit as they relax inside the luxury vehicle.

Delia in particular is really enjoying such a lavish journey as she comments "I still can't get over how comfy this chair is. These chocolates too are just divine. I could get used to this sort of life you know. The life of luxury."

Serena finds herself smiling at her future mother in law's approval at her limo. Sure the Kalos queen herself doesn't love the lavish lifestyle, but if it makes Delia happy she can certainly put up with it.

She soon smiles at her as she exclaims "I'm glad you like it Delia. Maybe in the future I can hire it out for you on occasion as a treat. After all, It's good to see you looking so relaxed."

Delia smiles at the Kalos queen as she exclaims "Oh that would be lovely dear. I'll have to take it to your next big event. Or maybe out on a day trip to that spar you mentioned."

Serena finds herself giggling a little at Delia's enthusiasm, so glad they can bond over stuff like this. The fact their relationship is as good as it is still means so much to her. It just makes everything so much more comfortable in her relationship and her life. Having your boyfriend's mom love you is certainly a blessing that she thanks Arceus for everyday.

Gary on the other hand doesn't quite see things the same way as he shrugs his shoulders and comments "Well this might be pretty luxurious, but I still would have drove us home faster. We'd be back in Pallet town a lot sooner I'm sure of it. I'd imagine we'll still be stuck in here for another 3 hours or so."

At that exact moment, Mike the Limo driver rolls down the window and turns towards the gang as he exclaims "Ms Yvonne, we'll be arriving in Pallet town within the next 5-10 minutes. Can you please let me know where you would like me to pull over to."

Serena smiles at her personal driver as she replies "Thanks Mike, can you please pull over someplace just outside the town? We want to take our bags back to our place before we go to the lab for the party. It doesn't really feel right to pull up in a limo outside Ash's house though and I know some people might take it the wrong way."

Mike nods in agreement with the Kalos queen as he exclaims "As you wish Ms Yvonne, and Mrs Ketchum I'd be glad to lend my services to you at some point in the future. After all, Ms Yvonne is my number one client so what she says goes."

Delia smiles at the limo driver as she replies "I appreciate that Mike and I'll certainly take you up on it at some point."

The driver pulls up the window as Gary shakes his head and exclaims "Hold up, how's he gotten here so much quicker than me?"

Ash drapes an arm over his girlfriend's shoulder as he explains "Quite simple actually. On the way here you dragged us to various stops and of course we had that incident with fire. Mike has just driven us straight ahead with no need to stop."

Professor Oak nods in agreement as he adds "Plus, he's a more efficient driver than you. I know for a fact you would have taken the long way just so you could drive as fast as possible."

Gary smirks a little as he nonchalantly comments "Well obviously I did. I mean who wouldn't want to drive as fast as they possibly can. I mean what's the point of having such a fast car if you can't use it?"

Everybody rolls their eyes at Gary's logic, understanding that they're clearly not going to get any sort of sense out of him as per usual. When he says something dumb, he usually sticks to it no matter what.