Chapter 45: Never Give Up Until It's Over Team Rainbow Rocket Finale Special

Warning: This chapter contains some strong language, blood and gore.

Everyone watching around the world sees the sick sight in front of them as Serena takes the full force of the psystrike. Time stops as everyone watches with disturbed looks on their faces.

Watching on a big screen in Hoenn, people turn away in horror as they see their current grand festival winner take the attack head on.

As do those in kalos as their self appointed Kalos princess lays lifeless on the ground. Many tears are shed as a young icon is potentially lost before their eyes.

At Professor Sycamore's lab, Bonnie sobs into Clemont at the sight of her older sister on the ground with no sign of movement. Tears flow down the young girls face as Clemont takes off his his glasses and wipes his own eyes brimming with tears.

May looks on as tears flood her eyes as she turns away from the screen unable to watch her friend in such a state.

Delia watches and cries her eyes out as Professor Oak attempts to comfort her, seeing the young girl she once saw play with Ash in Pallet Town lay lifelessly is too much for her to handle.

Grace has tears in her eyes seeing her daughter, no her whole life in such a state. She falls to her knees and cries her eyes out as the cameras filming turn off to avoid showing such disturbing scenes.

Ash feels tears brimming in his eyes as he falls to his knees and cradles Serena, pulling her into his arms and holding her as close as possible.

Serena screams in pain and pants heavily as her body goes into complete shock from the sudden sparks of pain.

Giovanni looks on with an evil grin and laughs manically, finding this scene absolutely hysterical. His plan is nearly complete, soon he will win.

Ash looks down at Serena in his arms with pain etched on his face. Tears strike his Z mark cheeks as he looks down at his injured girlfriend. He sniffs a few times and mutters "Serena, say something. Please say something."

Serena grimaces in pain and lets off a loud scream in agony. She grits her teeth and replies in a pained voice "Ash, it hurts. It hurts so much!"

Ash's tears flow more as he pulls her into an even tighter hug. Serena settles into his arms and finds one of Ash's hands. She takes it and squeezes it so tight that she threatens to break it.

Ash doesn't care about that at all, completely numb to the pain. He looks into Serena's eyes and exclaims in an emotional tone with a hint of authority "Serena, I'm here okay. Listen to me Serena, your going to be just fine. Okay? Your going to be just fine."

Serena smiles weakly at Ash's attempt to reassure her. She tries to speak but as she does she feels a lump in her throat. She gags a little before she starts coughing up blood, sending it splattering everywhere.

Ash gasps and quickly sits her up while holding her as tight as possible. After Serena finishes coughing, Ash lays her back down and examines her injuries.

She has a gash above her right eye that blood pours out from. Scapes across her exposed arms and legs that make Ash grimaces at the sight. A small tear in her shirt reveals a a large wound in her abdomen that blood trickles out from. If Ash didn't know any better he'd say it was a stab wound, caused by a giant blade.