Chapter 75: Cerulean City Blues

Ash, Serena and Brock stand by the video phone in the Cerulean city pokemon centre, as they dial the number for Professor Oak.

It's pretty late at night now, with the trio only just arriving in the city a few moments ago. After being delayed by the shenanigans with team rocket in the forest, they nearly decided to camp out again tonight, but the hope of a warm cosy room drove them onto pushing forward to their next destination.

A few moments pass by before the pokemon centre phone stops ringing, as a familiar voice exclaims "Hello?"

Ash instantly places a bright smile on his face as he switches the phone to video mode and replies "Hey professor, it's Ash. Serena, Brock and Pikachu are with me too."

As the camera flicks on, the old professor spots the young boy from Pallet town and his many familiar friends. He smiles at the camera before he greets in a warm tone "Ah Ash, good to see you my boy. As it is the rest of you too."

Pikachu smiles at the old professor and shouts while doing a small fist pump "Pi Pikachu!"

Serena smiles in greeting as she politely adds "Good to see you too professor Oak, I hope your well."

Brock places a hand on his hips as he finishes "Long time no see professor, good to see things haven't changed."

Professor Oak smiles warmly at all 3 of their greetings as he exclaims in his usual cheerful tone "It's good to see you all too. So, how has the journey been around Kanto been Ash?"

Ash places what could almost be described as a childish smirk on his face, as he answers with his usual exuberance "It's been a lot of fun I'd say. Me and Serena have done some really cool things and seen so much of the region. Things are only better now that Brock is traveling with us again too."

Professor Oak internally chuckles at Ash's answer, glad the young champion hasn't lost his sense of adventure. He decides to move on from that thought as he exclaims "Well it's good to see your having a great time exploring, but how about we cut to the chase? We both know you don't call just to check up on me now. What is it you need my boy?"

Ash chuckles a little at the Professor's statement before he replies "You now me Professor. Me and Serena want to switch out some of our Pokémon, but we thought it would be a good idea to brief you first instead of just sending them over, You see, the Pokémon we caught today are a bit of a special case."

Professor Oak raises an eyebrow in interest of the situation as he questions "What's the story behind this one my boy?"

Ash smiles brightly as he explains with clear pride behind his words "Well, you remember my Butterfree don't you?" Well I won't go into too much detail but, me and Serena found him and his family on our way to Cerulean city. We found out that he's got 4 kids now, two of them have only just been born today. Long story short, their home ended up being compromised and we caught them. They agreed to come with us and live at the lab with the rest of our Pokémon. I was hoping we could send them over to you now and you could help introduce them all. The two twins have a unique pattern like their mother, so I'm sure you would want to study them too."

Professor Oak hears Ash's story and feels pretty proud at how mature the decision he's taken is. While it's probably partly Serena's decision too, he does deserve some form of credit as well. He places a warm smile on his face as he replies "That sounds good to me, and a really positive solution. I can't wait to take a look at their patterns and see if I can find anything strange that we can use to add to the Pokédex. Why don't you go ahead and send over the children first? A transfer this big will need two loads."

Ash and Serena nod in agreement with the professor as they take 4 pokeballs into their hands and place them in the pokeball transfer machine. The pokeballs soon vanish, before reappearing on the screen in front of them in Professor Oak's lab.