Chapter 35: Let The Games Begin

The next morning, Ash wakes up to the sound of Pikipeck's chirping. His eyes flutter open as he lets off an excited smile.

Today is the first day of the Alola league and Ash is super hyped. He spent his night going over every registered opponent and doing some research on their backgrounds. As expected there were a few strong trainers amongst the names but the main threats were easily the kahunas and his main rivals.

After coming to his senses Ash realises he's not got the same comfortable weight on his chest he usually wakes up with. He looks down to see that Serena isn't in bed with him.

Ash tilts his head with confusion and his mind drifts into worry. It's really unlike Serena to be awake before him. Plus even if she was then she'd always stay cuddled up in bed with him. She loves to be close to one another so this is definitely unusual behaviour.

Suddenly the door to the room creaks open as a figure slowly walks in. His face turns from concern to a smile as Serena steps in while holding trays worth of food. She smiles and exclaims "Wakey, wakey sleepy head."

Ash takes a sigh of relief seeing his girlfriend up and about. He smiles at her and replies "Hey princesses, what have you been up to?"

Serena giggles and remarks "This!" She places the tray down on the bed before Ash takes the top of it. His eyes sparkle with love as he gazes at the tray of food. Serena has constructed quite the platter worth of food. All of Ash's favourite breakfast items are there in one place as his mouth starts to water.

Serena mentally cheers at her boyfriend's clear approval of her little surprise. Ash smiles up at his girlfriend and says with excitement clear in his tone "Wow Serena this looks awesome!"

Serena smiles and exclaims "Well since your going to be competing in your first league match up today, I figured you could use a big breakfast. After all you can't think on an empty stomach and your going to need plenty of energy."

Ash smiles at his girlfriend with love in his eyes. She did all this just for him. He truly feels loved. He also feels as though he needs to repay the favour by doing something special for her. He leans up and pecks her on the cheek. After the quick kiss he takes a loving sigh and exclaims "I love you so much Serena."

Serena blushes slightly as she gets the exact appreciation she was hoping to get for going out of her way for him this morning. She runs a hand through his bed head and exclaims "I love you too handsome."

Ash smiles at her again before he gazes at his plate of food. He adjusts himself slightly and states "Come on Serena, I'm not going eat all this by myself."

Serena shakes her head with a sheepish smile and replies "It's fine Ash, I'm not hungry."

Ash frowns slightly and questions "Really Serena? You never touched your food last night either. Your not sick are you?"

Serena shakes her head and nervously admits "No Ash, it's just that I'm trying to eat less. I don't want to get fat and have people think I'm some whale . A performer needs to stay in good shape and I want to look good for you."

Ash frowns as he hears his girlfriend's statement. First of all she needs to be eating food considering she does a lot of physical activities. Secondly she shouldn't worry about her body. Ash hates to comment on it because he's not sure if he should be she looks like Arceus sculpted her every curve and edge to be as perfect as can be. If she's worrying about how she looks then she needs to stop. Ash hates to be stern with her but sometimes it's better to say it how it is.

Ash crosses his arms and scolds in a serious tone "Serena Grace Yvonne. You work out like crazy, your body is more than fine in fact it's more than perfect. Plus I don't care how you look. I love you because it's you. Now sit down and eat some breakfast before I force feed you."