Chapter 74: Serena Vs The New Team Rocket!

Two days have passed since the new trio of Ash, Brock and Serena left Pewter city to make their way towards Cerulean City. So far the journey has been a comfortable one, not really causing the trio too many issues along the way thus far.

Currently, it's early in the morning as the dawn of a new day shines down upon them. The trio are all up and awake, dressed in their usual gear for the day ahead to come.

They are all currently sat around the usual breakfast table with their breakfast laid out in front of them. They are joined by their respective Pokémon too, as they proceed to scoff down their breakfast.

As usual, Ash eats the quickest as he scoffs down his eggs and bacon in impressive fashion. As he does, a bright smile coats his face as he exclaims with a mouth full of food "This is great! Thank you both!"

Serena sighs a little at a her boyfriend's lack of decorum as she replies in a tone mixed with happiness and authority "I'm glad you like it Ash, but please don't talk with your mouth full. Also, slow down before you choke again please."

Ash scratches his head nervously at his girlfriend's usual warning at his lack of table manners. To be fair to the young champion, he has got better at eating his meals in a more relaxed manner. But, there are still times where he simply can not help himself and turns into a little pig.

He carefully swallows down a portion of his eggs before he clears his throat. He looks up at his girlfriend with a sheepish smile as he apologises "I'm sorry Serena, I didn't realise I was eating like that. I was just so excited to try you and Brock's food that I lost myself for a second."

Serena giggles a little at the apologetic look on his face as she replies "There's no need to apologise Ash, I'm glad you like what we cooked and that your excited. That's what I'm here for, to make sure you don't choke by getting a little too overexcited."

Ash nods in satisfaction of Serena's words, feeling blessed to have her to keep his inner child in check when she needs to.

Brock watches the couple interact, sort of getting used to the way Serena can give Ash these little warnings these last few days. There always warnings made from love, and always just what Ash needs to hear to stop himself doing something stupid.

Overall, his impression so far is that their relationship is completely healthy. They both clearly love each other and do lots of little things to take care of each other. They are constantly doing what ever they can to make the other smile. Ash seems happier than he ever has during their travels, and a lot of that has to do with the honey blonde performer. In summary, she's the best thing that has ever happened to him.

The pokemon doctor decides to move the conversation along as he smiles and exclaims "Well I hate to brag, but I think we did an amazing job in the kitchen. You know I usually cook for a party this big on my own, but it was a lot easier with two cooks to share the load."

Serena smiles back and replies with joy in her tone "I agree Brock, having you here really helps with cooking duties. Id say we'd make quite the team in the kitchen."

Ash takes another bite of his breakfast and remarks in his usual slightly jokey tone "Well, my stomach certainly agrees. Two of my three favourite chefs cooking together is like finding a master ball. I could get used to this."

The three at the table share a loud burst of laughter, all sort of getting used to their dynamic as a group over the last few days.

Brock traveling with the amour couple hasn't really lead to many awkward moments. He hasn't really got in the way at all when they need their alone time and he has helped out a lot around camp. Helping with the basics of cooking and cleaning is always a blessing. It just leaves even more time for Ash and Serena to spend together, helping each other out with things like training or just relaxing while Brock does some of the chores around the place. It's been a healthy group so far, and all three hope that it can continue.