Chapter 21: The Masked Man

A few days after Ash defeated Sophocles, on their way to the next trial on Ula Ula island Ash and the gang find themselves walking through a small town that is unusually busy. As they walk through the crowded streets Mallow raises an eyebrow and says "It's not meant to be this busy at this part of the region." Lillie tilts her head and says "They must be here for something."

"Or someone," Kiawe says while gesturing towards Ash.

Ash puts his hat down of his eyes in an attempt to hide his face. Lille looks visibly confused and questions "I don't get who they could be looking for." Mallow chuckles at the young girl and replies with a small smirk "Think about it Lillie." The youngest of the group thinks about it for a few seconds before her face lights up as she shouts loud enough for the whole world to hear "Oh that's right, they might be looking for Ash because he's the hero of kalos!!"

Ash facepalms as everyone in the city look in their direction and start to murmur. With in a few seconds, Ash is surrounded by a bunch of news reporters and fans alike. Ash is instantly panicked as it seems as though the reporters from the start of his journey in Alola have caught up with him. His usual peace away from the media that he likes to travel with is under serious jeopardy. They surround him and asks him various questions as they hold microphones and cameras to his face.

"Ash how is the island challenge going, are you going to enter the Alola league?"

"Are you here for a secret mission?"

"Ash can we get a quote on the Kalos incidents?"

"Ash what was that big portal in the sky in Melemele island?"

"Ash what are your thoughts on Alain becoming Kalos champion?"

"Ash answer the question all the ladies want to know, are you still single?"

"Ash why did you release your Greninja?"

"Is it true your no longer challenging pokemon leagues?"

Ash sighs and says "No coment now please excuse me, I don't have time for this." Ash tries to get through the crowd but the towns people soon ambush him asking for picture autographs and general conversation. Ash, not trying to come off as rude, signs a few things but it is clear he is not yet comfortable with the fame he has acquired across his journey. He tries to find his friends and get out of the crowd but the mass of people completely swallows him up.

Suddenly a flash blinds everyone in the crowd forcing them to cover their eyes. Ash raises his arm to cover his own eyes but is stopped when he feels two arms wrap around him and start to drag him away. Ash tries to fight back but whoever is grabbing him is strong and their grip is unbreakable. He fights for few minutes before the man stops and takes his hands off Ash's eyes. Ash turns and sees he is stood in a small alley way with a well built guy with a wrestling mask stood in front of him.

"Your welcome," the masked man says in a monotone voice. Ash sighs "Thanks for getting me out of there. Although next time can you not grip me so hard. Also who are you." The man replies "I'm the masked royal , it's nice to meet you hero." Ash says "It's nice to meet you to, so why did you drag me out of there." The masked royal stands tall and points at Ash "I wanted to challenge you to a battle tonight in the battle royal arena."

Ash scratches his head nervously and says "Sorry, I don't know what a battle royal is." The masked royal tells Ash all about how battle royals work. After the explanation, Ash pumps his fist and says "That sounds awesome, I can't wait for it. I accept your challenge."

The masked royal smiles and says "Excellent, I look forward to seeing you in the ring." The masked man walks away out of the alley leaving Ash a little dumbfounded. He scratches his head and says to himself. "I don't know what it is about that guy but he certainly seems familiar." He ponders it for a few seconds and a small smirk appears on his face. He whispers "If you wanted a battle then you could have just asked." He smiles while looking at the floor and says quietly "I guess I should find the others first and tell them what happened." He makes his way out of the alley and back into the city.