Chapter 89: Slicing Through The Darkness!

After Ash's battle against Bruno, him and Serena returned home to their temporary accommodation to rest up after the intense battle during the day.

After settling back in for a bit, Ash headed off to the pokemon centre to heal up his pokemon that he used today before swapping in and out a few that he wants to have with him for tonight.

Meanwhile, Serena gets a start on dinner with the Kalos queen determined to make her boyfriend a nice meal worthy of his performance during the previous battle.

Ash soon returns home as the amour couple eat their dinner together. A candle lit table and a quick but nice romantic dinner is always something that they can both appreciate. Serena doesn't hesitate to feed her boyfriend up with his usual large amount of food, knowing he really needs energy at the moment for all these battles he's going through.

The Alola champion certainly savours Serena's cooking as usual as he lets off a massive sigh of satisfaction, as he leans back in his chair and compliments "That was amazing Serena. Your cooking is just the best."

Serena giggles a little and blushes slightly at her boyfriend's thanks as she replies "Thanks Ashy. I made it specifically for you so I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's no way I can let my boyfriend go hungry during his big competition. I need to make sure you've got enough energy left for all these battles."

Ash can't help but smile at Serena's words as he exclaims in a clearly happy tone "Your the best Serena! I should probably feel more tired than I am right now but honestly, I've never felt so fresh after two straight battles. I think it's because you give me so much love that it just makes me more relaxed. That probably saves a lot of energy for me to use in battles instead."

Serena isn't too sure about Ash's theory, but she's certainly not going to sit here and argue with it as she replies "Well, I certainly do try my best for you Ash. As your unofficial wife it is my job to keep you as focused and prepared as possible for the battles to come."

Ash nods in agreement as he exclaims with a bright smile on his face "You make such a big difference princess, and that's shown in the results. All we've got left now is two more battles on this elite 4 challenge run. The hard work starts all over again tomorrow against Karen."

The Kalos queen smiles at how driven Ash is to achieving his dreams, always being so inspired by that drive despite how many of her own dreams she has managed to accomplish over the last few years. Being around Ash just makes her want to strive to be better too.

She soon shakes off that thought as she takes a few final spoon fulls of her dinner. She smiles at her boyfriend as she suggests "Well, we can continue on that theme of being focused on preparing for Karen together later. But first, we should probably get our pokemon fed. They'll all be super hungry too."

Sitting on the sofa in the other room, Pikachu hears about being fed and instantly rushes over and leaps up onto Ash's shoulder while letting off an expectant "Pi Pika pi!"

Ash chuckles a little as he exclaims "I'd say that Pikachu is pretty excited about dinner. I'll stack the dishwasher while you ready the bowls."

Serena nods in agreement as she proceeds to make her way to the kitchen to ready bowls of Pokemon food. Ash stacks up the dishwasher with very questionable organisation before he makes his way over to join his girlfriend.

They fill up the bowls before they place them along the table. Once the table is set with all twelve bowls, Serena sends out her pokemon to get their food. Delphox, Sylveon, Pikachu, Absol, Aerodactyl and Pancham all sit at the table and eat their food. Ash's Pikachu soon joins them as well as he begins to munch on his dinner while looking around for some ketchup.