Chapter 23: Ash vs Nanu.

Deep inside the team rainbow rocket base, Giovanni sits at the head of a table while various grunts and admins line the tables. Sitting nearest to Giovanni are his fellow team leaders with Lysandre and Guzma closest to him. Giovanni coughs to gets everyone's attention and says in a polite manner "Greetings friends, I'm sure you'll all join me in welcoming Guzma and team skull to the ranks of team rainbow rocket. Everyone around the table claps slowly while scowling at the new additions.

Giovanni waits for the applause to finish before continuing "I've gathered you all here to discuss our plans and progress. First Cyrus how has your quest been to capture the two you desire." Cyrus nods and says in a monotone voice "It's in progress. Give me some more time and I'm sure it'll be done." Giovanni smiles and remarks "Excellent, so Ghetsis are your searches going to plan." Ghetsis folds his arms and says with a light anger in his voice "You are not commanding me Giovanni it will be done when it's done."

Giovanni chuckles lightly and says "Easy Ghetsis, I have no qualms with you just making sure we're all pulling in the same direction." Ghetsis nods as Giovanni turns to Maxie and Archie. "So how did your expedition squads fare." Maxie and Archie smirk and pull two purple colour pokeballs out their pockets. Giovanni chuckles evilly "What about the girl." Maxie says with a straight face "She escaped." Giovanni raises an eyebrow and asks "How did that happen." Archie punches the desk and says "The wee scamp had back up."

Giovanni smiles evilly and says "As I expected from a man like him. So tell me, how was the girl in battle." Maxie says with a straight face "The performer is weak. She is merely a damsel in distress completely and utterly useless. I have no idea why she is up the top of your target list." Giovanni laughs and replies "It's simple Maxie my friend. To beat a man first you need to break his spirit and to break his spirit you need to break his heart. To break his heart you must take what makes that heart beat."

The other leaders seem satisfied by Giovanni's answer but Ghetsis shakes his head with a frown on his face. He stands up and bellows "Enough Giovanni! You promised me my own kingdom but progress is slow. Why aren't we attacking Ketchum now while he's weak instead of wasting time with a stupid girl." Lysandre chuckles and answers "Ghetsis my friend I'm afraid your mistaken. You may think Ketchum is weak but really he's stronger than ever. If we attack now while not fully prepared we may be outmatched. Even if we beat Ketchum what of his allies. A celebrity such as him under attack would trigger a response from some of the strongest trainers in the world. That is why we must take our time to be fully prepared if we want to make this world beautiful."

Ghetsis sits down and says "Fine! We will wait." Giovanni smiles as the team plasma leader sits down. "Thank you for show of support Lysandre. For now forget about the girl her time will come. For now prepare yourself and your men. You have your orders and I trust you all won't disappoint me. Your all dismissed." The table soon clears as everyone stands up and leaves apart from Giovanni and Lysandre who pours them both a drink.

Giovanni shakes his whiskey and says "I appreciate the show of support." Lysandre smirks and says "Of course after all your the one who brought me back from that hole that Zygarde left me in." Giovanni takes a sip of his drink and says "Of course I needed you for my grand plan, your research on Zygarde will be crucial to extracting the aura of either of our champions."

Lysandre sips his drink and asks "Giovanni, I understand your suspicions to as to why Ash controlled aura but I still don't understand how you found about the girl. I'll be frank she wasn't even on my radar to keep in my perfect world." Giovanni chuckles "The girl may look weak but she has a strong aura alright. How I figured out? You trace the roots. When your a man of my power anything is possible if you pay the right price."

Lysandre chuckles "Your a clever man Giovanni. Who would have thought that Sir Aaron would have a descendant that can use the power just like him. More conveniently the only other aura user left is closely linked to him as well. We break one we take all that power for ourselves." Giovanni laughs and tops up his drink. "I knew we would get on well Lysandre it's only a matter of time until we both get our revenge." The two clink their drinks together and shot them back and begin to laugh manically like two old friends. Two old friends with intentions beyond what anyone can imagine.