Chapter 59: Amour in Galar

The next day, Ash and Serena wake up after their nightly escapades in very good condition considering the amount they drunk last night.

Although they have to admit, the biggest reason for that is what happened after they got back to the hotel room. It was a sobering experience between the two to say the least.

The amour couple wake up as fresh as a daisy, almost feeling relaxed now that the competition is over. Today is a day just to enjoy themselves. There's nothing to really worry about in terms of competition or preparation at the moment so they can relax as much as they like.

They plan on going to the Galar region today for the first time of course, and that has Ash super excited. He can't wait to take in the sights and the culture of the new region for the first time. Plus, he can't wait to see what type of new Pokémon he can find.

However, he is also in no rush to get there at the moment as he takes into account his girlfriend's needs. Serena is a little sore from performing all day yesterday, and could do with a slow start to the morning.

While her injuries sustained during the showcase aren't anything to worry about, they still do cause her some discomfort.

They take the morning nice and slow as they both cuddle together for a bit before they slowly start to get ready. Ash takes the lead as he runs his girlfriend a nice hot bath to soothe her pain.

While Serena bathes, Ash makes them and all their pokemon breakfast as they prepare for the journey ahead.

Everyone eats their fill before Ash and Serena get ready to leave. They pack up their bags and do the usual morning stuff that they usually do.

Once they are ready, Ash takes the bags down to reception to send them back to Vaniville town and to return the room key.

In the meantime, Serena makes her way, with Pikachu on her shoulder, to her mother's room to go and say goodbye to her. While Ash did ask if Serena wanted him to come too, she told her boyfriend that her mom had something she needed to speak her about alone.

Ash ends up shrugging it off and doing what he's told, he's learnt by now that there's no point of getting in the way of girl talk. Although, secretly he knows Serena doesn't want him to hear all the embarrassing mom stuff she's going to tell her before she leaves.

Ash returns the key and hands over the bags for transport. He takes a seat in the hotel lobby as he waits for Serena and Pikachu to arrive.

While he waits, he takes out his Rotom phone and begins to look up information on the Galar region. He soon finds himself lost in the pages as he reads up on what the region has to offer.

He brims with excitement as images of the region fill his eyes. A smile coats his face as he thinks to himself "I can't believe that there is another region so close to Kalos. If I had known, I might have gone straight there after the Kalos legaue. I can't wait to visit for the first time. It's going to be even better as well with Serena there."

Ash continues to browse for information on the Galar region until he hears the pattering of nervous foot steps ahead of him. He looks up from his phone to see a nervous looking young boy in front of him, with black straight hair while wearing a blue jacket.

The boy takes a small nervous stutter before he questions "Excuse me sir. Are you Ash Ketchum".

Ash smiles at the boy as he notices his nervous approach. He nods in an inviting manner and replies "Yeah, that's me."

The boy takes a nervous laugh before he exclaims with a hint of excitement in his voice "I thought so. I'm sorry for being so nervous but I'm a huge fan. Your my favourite battler, in fact your like a hero to me."