Chapter 34: Alola league Opening Ceremony

After prom night, Ash and Serena spend the next month on Melemele island before the start of the Alola league.

During that time, Ash continues to train for with his Alolan team. He is determined to win and has his full focus on becoming the first ever Alolan champion. However, he isn't taking the news of team skulls re-emergece lightly and is still keeping up to date with the Aether foundation on any new leads.

Serena has been spending the majority of her time helping Ash with his training as well as focusing on her routine for the opening ceremony. She constantly swaps between her 7 pokemon and has found some new routines to add to her collection.

Her Pikachu has gained even more confidence of the past month as the baby Pokémon starts to slowly grow up. She seems to really thrive off of Ash and his Pikachu's positive attitude and really admires them both.

Sylveon notices her child's happiness growing with each passing day and couldn't be prouder of her. She also couldn't have stronger feelings for Ash's Pikachu. What was once a small crush is turning into so much more and she knows it. The only problem is how to get through to the dense electric mouse.

Serena and Absol are still ways apart from performing but she is getting closer to her lately. The two have been having practice battles with Ash to keep themselves in shape and more than once they have found themselves activating that weird pink aura. The two still have their differences though and Serena is still hung up on that vison of a Pokémon egg. Was Absol trying to tell her something or was it all just one big coincidence?"

Kukui becomes Ash's main sparing partner at this time. Kukui turns out to be a strong opponent that Ash has to really dig deep to even compete with. Back in his day the professor was one hell of a battler and he hasn't slowed up one bit.

Serena and burnet become closer over this month. Burnett enjoys having Serena around to have someone she can talk to. She looks up to Serena's positive attitude and she definitely has that special something about her in the same way Ash does. However, Burnett thinks she can sometimes be an annoying little sister especially when she's moody or frustrated.

Serena sees Burnett as a role model and someone she can look up to. She admires her and Kukui's strong relationship and how the two handle their differences. Burnett gives Serena plenty of advice on relationship stuff and how to handle future situations that may arise. It particularly helps because Ash is still a bit dense and there's certain things that he may not fully understand yet.

Speaking of which, Ash and Serena's relationship only grows now that they are together all the time. They both feel happier with each other around and take time out of their days to make sure the other is happy. They are also even more determined to achieve their goals having each other to spur them on. Everything is going great between the two of them. They never argue, they never have a bad date or a bad night in together and they both constantly feel loved. Right now their love for each other is as strong as it has ever been.

This is only reflected by their aura training as their ability to communicate seems to be unlimited at this point. Connecting through aura, sending messages and seeing through each others eyes is quick and seem less. It also never seems to cut out unless they want it to. It's not like they need to use aura much now that they are always together but it is a nice thing to have at their disposal.

After a long day of training, Ash and Serena are sat having dinner with the professors the night before the Alola league opening ceremony. Kukui takes a bite of his food and comments "Wow this is really good. When did you learn to make this Burnett?"

Professor Burnett smirks and replies "I didn't make it, Serena did."

Ash takes a bite and his taste buds explode with joy. With sparkles in his eyes he exclaims "Wow Serena, this is the best food I've ever tasted!"