Chapter 50: Pallet Town Homecoming

The flight back to kanto is a long one that takes Ash and Serena the entire night.

However despite the length of the flight, they both enjoy each other's company as they speak at length about Lei and Serena's obvious excitement at the baby as well being named the baby's godparents.

Ash finally admits to his girlfriend that he has no idea what the term actually means. Serena giggles upon hearing this, obviously expecting Ash not be aware of things like this at this point, and gives him the rundown.

Ash is happy that all he's really expected to do in this day and age is give the baby advice. However, there is one thing that makes him think. It's Serena's clear excitement at being called a god mother and her excitement at the baby's announcement in general.

Although Ash is usually oblivious to these sorts of things, the hints are too obvious for him not to pick up on. He can only wonder if Serena wants to a mother one day.

It's something Ash has never given any thought to but if Serena wants to be a mother one day, it's something they'd need to discuss together eventually.

Truth is, he knows she'd be great mom. The only problem is, he has have no idea how to be a dad. He's never even met his one so how could he even know what to do if he does end up in that situation one day.

The conversation eventually drifts away from baby talk and more towards future plans. They talk more talk about the upcoming showcase and how they are going to prepare.

After that, of course Ash has to talk about some of his Pokémon Serena is soon going to be meeting.

He tells Serena about his two other ace pokemon, Infernape and Sceptile. He tells her about how they met, their biggest victories and how both are two of his strongest pokemon, only behind Charizard and Greninja.

After a long few hours, eventually Serena gives into fatigue as she falls asleep with her arms around Ash's waist and her head on his back. Ash gives her a little good night kiss as he allows her to catch up on sleep, after all she needs to rest to recover her injuries.

Charizard makes good progress, not needing a rest at all. He's used to all these long flights by now so is more than aware of his limits.

Ash stays awake with him the whole night and keeps him company. He doesn't really feel tired despite his restless few weeks in the hospital. He feels more rested than ever in fact, having no intense battles lately to pump his adrenaline.

Ash, Charizard and Pikachu speak at length about their journey thus far. They reminisce about the good times and the hard fought wins they've had on their travels together.

On the contrary, they speak about the bad times and make promises to make those things right. Ash notices Charizard feels fired up about two things in particular. His battle with Entei at the castle, his regret for losing Ash the Johto and Kanto leagues respectively.

Ash reassures Charizard and tells him not to worry, they're going to win the Indigo league and they'll eventually get a chance to take on Entei again.

After a few more hours of the trios conversation, they eventually find themselves right on the outskirts of Pallet Town as the sun rises in the horizon.

Ash takes in a deep breath of fresh air as he gazes down at his home town below. He let's off a small smile and whispers "Home sweet home."

He points down to a small crossroads in distance and orders "Charizard, set us down just by there."

Charizard lets off a roar before he descends down gracefully towards the ground.
________________________________

Charizard sets down right before the crossroads between the lab and Ash's house. Once they've successfully landed, Ash turns to the sleeping Serena and gently kisses her forehead. He shakes her gently and whispers "Wake up babe, we're here."