Chapter 71: Ashley returns?

A few days after Ash and Serena leave Saffron city, they find themselves out in an open field early in the morning, just outside Celadon city.

The two of them have been on the road this whole time, bathing in the joyous experience of traveling with just the one they love.

They've had all sorts of fun these last few days, with the freedom to do whatever they please. It's been pretty sweet when they both think about it. No, media, no distractions or anything else unwanted. Just the two of them alone with their pokemon, free to do exactly what they please with the ultimate goal of preparing for the Indigo league to come.

Right now, the amour couple have only just got out of their tent, an hour or so ago, after a long session of morning cuddles. Sleeping so close together in one tent like this is a first, but it's also such a soothing experience. Never has sleeping outside in a sheet of plastic been so warm and cozy.

Being back on a journey like this is great, and Serena certainly doesn't regret her decision of turning down Palermo's offer of a ride to Celadon city. It may not be the glamorous life that a Kalos queen of the past would yearn for, but Serena couldn't care less.

After finally getting out of their tent this morning, Serena takes a walk to a small pool of water to clean herself up, ready for her appearance at the women empowerment festival later today.

Once she's done with cleaning up, she heads back to the campsite and begins cooking up breakfast for both their pokemon and themselves of course. While she cooks, Serena can't help but gaze out at her boyfriend as he does his morning training routine with his pokemon.

She takes a loving sigh, fixated by his messy raven hair and his new Kanto style clothing as she thinks to herself "How can a man look so good first thing in the morning without even trying?"

Meanwhile, Ash is coming towards the end of his training session for the day as his final sparring match takes place. Heracross stands on one side of a make shift battlefield while Lucario stands on the other. Both have clearly been training hard for the past few minutes in what can only be described as an intense one on one duel, as they pant heavily while glaring at each other.

Ash smirks a little at the intense training session unfolding in front of him. It's been a while since a session has been this vigorous and Ash loves how hard both Pokémon are going at it.

The raven haired trainer feels his blood pumping from the intensity of the battle as he shouts "One last collision both of you! Let's make it a good one."

Both Pokémon nod while giving each other intense looks as they prepare for their trainer's final instructions.

Ash pumps a fist in the air as he yells "Lucario use bone rush! Hearcross you use megahorn!" Lucario nods as he slaps his hands together, creating a blue bone of aura in his hands. The aura pokemon twirls the bone around a little before he charges straight towards Heracross. Meanwhile, Heracross lowers his head and charges forward with his massive horn glowing a bright shade of white.

The two attacks clash together as both pokemon try and land a decisive last hit, even if it's just for pride. They clash bone on horn over and over again, with neither quite being able to break through the other's guard. Eventually, Lucario feels frustration overwhelm him as slams his bone forward as hard as he possibly can. Heracross sees it coming and uses Lucario's momentum against him. He raises his horn at the right angle, smacking the bone straight out of Lucario's hands. The aura Pokémon's eyes widen as Heracross slams his horn forward, catching Lucario across the face. The newly evolved fighting type skids back a little as he cries out in pain. Lucario slams his fist into the ground to stop himself skidding, growling in frustration as he does.