CHAPTER 4: Serena's Aura training, how to catch a Pokémon.

Serena's POV

I sat down on my bed in the Pokémon centre and took a deep sigh. What a day that was. We were training for our next contest when Braxien and pancham got into their standard argument leading to the usual scene off Sylveon tying the two up with her ribbons to restrain them.

However unlike usual I didn't have my usual meltdown where I scream at them and tell them how stressful my life is and that I don't need them causing anymore trouble. Instead I just laughed it off and told them both that they are doing a great job. Why was I in such a good mood you may ask. Because I'm in a relationship with Ash Ketchum off course!

Never, and I don't say this lightly never thought that Ash would ever confess to me. In fact I had completely dismissed that as even being a possibility but it happened. And if I'm being honest. It was better than I could have ever dreamt.

The way he spoke about me the look in his auburn eyes as the sun reflected off him. The way the wind blew his raven hair, the way he stuttered and nervously admitted his feelings made my heart do a happy dance. When the words "I love you," left his mouth I nearly ascended to heaven. Ash, dense Ash Ketchum loved me.

So now that we're in a relationship but we're miles apart how does it feel. Well like he's still close to me surprisingly. And why is that? Well because as Ash said "our hearts will always be as one." It was because of the power of aura.

When Ash first drew my attention to the power that binds us together I was: nervous, excited and scared all at the time! It was intimidating at first but after Ash and I spoke on the phone the other day it calmed me down so much. First off talking to Ash as a couple was so much more enthralling then before. We always got along but it always felt like there was this barrier between us that stopped us from really expressing ourselves. However after revealing our feelings no topic felt untouchable and every conversation was full off life. It was the best phone call I've ever had in my life.

Anyway back on topic we spoke about a lot of things but the main topic of conversation was our aura. Ash explained to me how he first discovered aura and how he met the noble sir Arron off Rota. Part off me was so jealous hearing the tale not of Ash no, jealous of his companions he was with. It makes me wonder if I should have started my own journey to find that boy from summer camp years before, but everything worked out in the end so I should probably neglect that thought.

After learning about the aura guardians I understood it a little better. Ash then told me about how he didn't use aura for years after those events until it awakened again that day in ninja village. I remember seeing frogadier evolve into Greninja and being super excited but then it happened. I flashback to that moment. "Well we're going to get stronger and stronger let'z goooooo."

A watery vortex surrounded them both. I'm not going to lie, at first I was scared that Ash was going to drown but then it disappeared while it remained around Greninja. The vortex surrounded him still but we could see some changes underneath it to Greninja's appearance. That was the day Ash-Greninja was born and apparently because they both connected through aura.

At first I nearly scolded Ash for keeping this a secret. We all Clemont especially put a lot off effort into finding out why the transformation happened when all along Ash knew why. He quickly defended himself and told me that he didn't realise at the time it was only recently he remembered using aura and synchronisation feeling very similar. I calmed down it made sense I mean no other Greninja had used aura before so I guess he wouldn't have made that connection.

So that's when we started to discuss what our shared power was and why we could connect. It seems as though it was similar to the way Ash and Greninja could connect but it had its own challenges. Ash told me all about our current powers. He explained that so far we can see through each others eyes if we close our eyes and think really hard about one and other. Now I don't want to seem like a stalker but I already knew that.