Chapter 30: The Amour Date

After their reunion at the school, Ash and Serena return to the professors house. They enter inside hand in hand and are greeted by professor Burnett. The professor smiles seeing the two walk in together and says "Ash, Serena, it's good to see you both together at last." Serena smiles and replies "It's good to be back together again. Burnett smiles again, looking genuinely pleased for the two and asks "So when do you two want dinner tonight."

Ash shakes his head and announces "Sorry professor but me and Serena are planning on going out on a date later tonight." Serena smiles a loving smile at Ash, still not sure if it's actually real that he's taking her out or if she'll wake up in a few minutes and realise she was dreaming. Burnett shakes her head and exclaims in an excited tone "That's okay, have fun both of you and don't stay out too late." Serena nods her head and says "We'll sensible, we have to be at the school again tomorrow."

Kukui overhears the conversation and questions "A date huh, any ideas where your going Ash." Ash nods and replies "Yeah I've been planning this for a while, I know exactly where we're going to be going." Serena looks at Ash with anticipation and questions "So where are we going Ash." The raven hair trainer smiles and winks to his girlfriend. "It's a secret Serena. But don't worry I know you'll love it."

Serena shakes her head and remarks "Well if I'm with you then I'm sure I will. Anyway I should go get ready." Ash nods in agreement and replies "Yeah me too, I can't go out wearing this. If I did then you might dump me." Serena shakes her head at her boyfriend and says after in a sincere tone "Ash I would never dump you over something as silly as clothes. You can wear whatever makes you comfortable, don't change for me." Ash smiles loving at his girlfriend and replies "Thanks Serena, the same goes in reverse as well. As long as your happy I'm happy."

The two stare at each other with smiles on their faces. Kukui and Burnett watch the two and can't help but break into a fit of giggles. Ash and Serena frown at the Professors for interrupting them. Burnett catches her giggles first and comments "I'm sorry but the way you two flirt is so corny." Ash scratches his head nervously and says "Sorry I'm new to this still." Kukui shakes his head and says "You'll get used to it little cousin."

Ash and Serena make their way upstairs and begin to get themselves ready. The both enter the bedroom together but Serena is quick to kick Ash out much to his surprise. Ash apologises, thinking he's done something that's upset her or made her feel uncomfortable. Serena feels her heat melt at Ash's innocence and let's him know that he's not done anything wrong. She kicked him out so she can keep her outfit a secret until the date. Ash accepts this and walks off to a spare room as Serena shouts down the corridor "No aura peeking either!"

Serena takes her time to get ready for their date. She takes a shower, redoes her make up and picks out the perfect outfit for the occasion. Meanwhile Ash finds himself having a crisis on what to wear. He knows Serena said she doesn't care but he can't make no effort at all. Problem is all his outfit choices in the past his mom has helped him with and giving her a call about this is a no go. Instead he gives Gary a call about the situation.

Gary teases Ash about the date before he actually helps him out. He suggests a casual look considering Serena fell in love with Ash at a summer camp and throughout a journey across Kalos where he wasn't exactly wearing anything fancy. Ash agrees with that sentiment and after some deliberation agrees on what he's going to wear.

He puts on a black pair of jeans with a black top that is tight to his physique. He puts on a blue jacket, similar to his Kalos jacket, that he leaves unzipped. Finally he puts on a pair of White sneakers to complete the look. He smiles in the mirror and says "How do I look buddy." Pikachu nods and exclaims "Pika Pika!"

Ash smiles at his first Pokémon and says "Oh yeah Pikachu I forgot to mention. Serena said she wants us to bring our Pokémon with us too so you guys can all meet. I know it's not ideal but while we're eating, you wouldn't mind going for a walk or something." Pikachu nods his head yes. Ash smiles and finishes "Thanks buddy, your the best." Pikachu smiles and leaps up onto Ash's shoulder. Ash smiles at his first Pokémon and walks out the room and down the stairs.