Chapter 42 - Mothers and Daughters

"Reel, reel, reel quick!" Lucinda held my shoulder steadily, rapidly changing to a stance behind me helping me with the rod.

"Fish on!" Someone called behind me, I was too focused almost falling over and dropping the rod to hear.

"Did you see that!?" I screamed and Lucinda held me tighter sharing my excitement as I rushed the line in, "fuck what do I do? It's too heavy!"

"Net it!"

"I've got you-" Lu climbed down the rock face as members of my family warned her cautiously of the incoming waves as she held a poll out with a net on it, "reel it in more!" She called out and I did full of anxiety that I couldn't see her down there.

"Fuck I lost it..." I sulked to pop as I reeled in a snapped off-line, "Lu?" I called dropping the fishing rod, "you okay?"

"She's got it! Here."

I rushed over and watched as my cousin had Lu's arm pulling her up with her body wrapped around a large grouper like she was trying to make it tap out as it went crazy throwing her around on the floor throwing her sunglasses off.

"Get that hook out and I'll get the knife-" Pop stopped and cringed as the fish struggled making Lu release a noise of pain, groaning as she fought to keep it from wiggling back into the ocean.

"Get that hook out or she'll cop it in the face, come on Hurry up." Pop rushed knife in hand as he looked more and more uncomfortable. Watching the large 4 prong hook I cringed too seeing how close it was getting to her.

"Good job baby-" I cooed ripping the hook out of the fish's mouth roughly.

"Stay still love, I don't want to Nick you-" Pop held the fish on Lucinda finding the right moment to stab it in the head. My guts flipped watching it from behind him, thinking the worst.

"Fuck yes girls, great teamwork." Pop beamed dragging the fish off with my cousin to show everyone else as I helped Lucinda to her feet. Hugging her tightly I kissed all over her face not caring that she was slimy and smelt of angry fish now.

"What the little professional fisherwoman you are," Lu smirked kissing me sweetly, "that was very impressive. That has to be the biggest fish I've ever seen someone catch."

"Only was possible because my big strong girlfriend carried it in for me, thank you, baby."  Burying my face in her neck the smell did start to get to me.

After asking Pop if he minded us disappearing for a little while we headed down to the beach for a swim. Pop was too busy flaying and descaling the fish to care much about what we were doing.

"Hey!" Lu slammed my hand as I groaped her boob playing with the bikini top. Shoving water in her face instead she looked away from my family on the beach and to me with fury, "No!" My screams bubbled out as she tangled with me in the deep, opening my eyes in the water her eyes looked incredible in the sun-beaming Pacific Ocean. Drifting me closer by my arm I cupped her boobs choking water in a laugh as she tried to get away from me before I could rip off her top.

Panic struck me making me stop quickly and start kicking hard to the surface as I really ran out of air. It felt like I was never going to make it to the top, I'd blown out too much air before going under. Lungs burning and digging up in the water I panicked more as Lu grabbed the back of my neck dreading she was going to drag me back down.

Splurting salt water I started to see white spots in my blurred vision, embassment set in as I realized Lu was pulling me back in from the deep water.

"I'm okay, I'm okay stop-" I slapped off her hand and she let me go surprising me as I could now touch the bottom now, "Are they looking?" I hid in my hands as Lu stood in front of me, she shook her head and gestured me close letting me sit on her lap as I recovered. I wanted to die as Lu's fingers pinched my nostrils and shook them off in the water, I didn't want to imagine how much of a booger I had on my face.