chapter 37 - Crazy night with Lucinda's friends

God Maxim was a terror.

I think Lucinda had tried to add new soil to our barely surviving plants for the past 2 minutes. With every dusting of soil that falls from the little shove in her hand, Maxim instantly gets to digging up; kicking it everywhere including Lucinda. Finally, she'd had enough and knocked over the filthy old dog, play fighting around the cold grass.

So the view was perfect from the kitchen as I waited for my goodies to cook in the oven.

it was the only way I could think to continue, and I think it might be appreciated. Just sometimes it feels really strange having everyone do everything for and around me; me always just chilling somewhere when everyone else is running around contributing. well, is it contributing if you're getting paid?

"Hola," I responded quickly drawing myself out of my train of thought as the two cleaners passed me with vacumes and cleaning supplies.

I think it might be dad in my head too. Remembering what he told me when we first moved out here, to not just mooch and actually put in and be independent.

Making puffed pastries is being some sort of independent, right? I'm helping and no one is helping me do this.

"I'm an independent womennnn!" I sang, pulling the hot trays out of the oven to let them cool.

After the timer rang out... It was time.

"Hmmm, which one...Ohhhhh, I like you chubby girl.-" picking her up I moaned thinking how much of a legendary cook I was.

"Who the fuck are you talking to?"

Almost choking on a mouth full I coughed and grinned trying to keep the food in as I shamefully faced Lucinda with the most disturbing look on her face, "because it's the shortest and fattest." I said but didn't quite hear that come outright. Rushing to chew I covered my mouth and avoided eye contact for a second.

"I didn't know you were into that sort of thing. I might not be the right fit."

Hearing her tease I knew she was playing me but my pathetic heart turned desperate to assure her, "I'm only into my tall sculpted goddess of a girlfriend."

"Prove it!" she dared me, offhandedly cleaning little Maxim in a warm soapie bath in the sink. interrupting his head massage I peeked my head over Lucinda's shoulder...

what the absolute fuck...

"Ah, Lu-" I hesitated not quite sure what I was witnessing, "do you not think it's a bit strange to be doing that in the same sink we wash vegetables and pasta in?"

"Remind me of the last time you actually did that?"

Gasping I took her hips and pressed up to her backside, wrapping my arms around her, "I've done it before-"

"Who normally cooks for you?" she pressed.

"Postmates."

Chuckling at each other I kissed up to her as we continued to give each other shit. All while Max was having the time of his life, all clean and having a rinse off; laid back cradled in his mummies hands.

"Agh-shit..." I cringed, wiping my arms and apron of sludgy soil, "I think you need a bloody bath now too."

"Nah," she smirked, rubbing the last of the dampness from Maxim's short tan coat before tucking him into his tiny electric heated bed in the corner. Leaving a distrusting stare at one of the cleaners that politely passed by.

"Don't." I told her, packaging the last of my homecooked goods in Tupperware, "they're nice." I said more quietly, earning an eye roll which I hated. Just as I was about to pass to chill out in the lounge Lucinda's grip took my wrist.