Chapter 10 - flight

Charlottes Point of View 

"First class..." I mumbled under my breath looking at my ticket as I followed Bethany to the terminal, "Bethany?"

"Mmm?" she turned and her black fitted dress turned with her.

"Have you been in first class before?"

Her brows furrowed and she scoffed a laugh before walking on beside me, "not a chance, are you excited?"

"Kind of, I have no idea what to expect."

"Well, I'm excited. I just hope I'm seated with one of us. Here you go first, I need to get my ticket out of my bag." Bethany told me but I stuck by her until she had her ticket in her hand before we started boarding the plane. I stopped to turn around and watched as Beth got her ticket scanned before she joyously joined me.

"Look at all these economy peasants," Beth whispered in my ear making me smirk as I held back chuckles.

"This way ladies," a neat-looking flight attendent guided us through the plane and Beth kept yanking on the back of my jumper as we came into first class. It looked pretty fancy with larger and more spacious seating, even a bar was set up but my eyes kept sucking back to the entertainment section. All sorts of tablets were for hire but I wasn't interested in that, I was more interested in the sign above it.

Xbox one connection available upon request, Headset included.

"Excuse me, I'd like to have Xbox one connection," I quickly told the air host quickly, he gave me a polite smile and handed me a controller and headset. He informed me it'd be all set up for me as soon as we were in the air, smiling widely I thanked him and continued down the aisle.

Bethany chuckled behind me "You. Nerd. That's probably the most excited I've ever seen you. Guess you're one of those girls that go to comic-Con and dress up like that green short thing... I can't remember what it's off, he's like a mentor or something in a swamp."

"You mean Yoda, and no Star Wars isn't my thing. I'm more about Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Legend of the seeker-"

Gagging on air dramatically Beth held her face in her hand, "I shouldn't have asked. I thought you were cool."

Smiling to myself I stopped as the flight attendent had his arm out, "your seat, miss."

I felt my chest constrict and my face blaze, "Beth, trade seats with me!" I whispered to her hastily, frowning at me she went to glance at who was sitting there. Moving into her view I put on an anxious smile and held my ticket out to her.

"why-"

"Excuse me, Miss, there are no changing seats."

Holding my breath I closed my eyes before stalely excusing myself, pushing past him, and dumping myself down in the wide leather recliner chair. Bethany passed me in the aisle with the air host and had a look at who was next to me. Giving a death glare from hell she mouthed 'rude'.

I couldn't look at her. For a while, I just sat there clutching my Xbox controller and headset I was now embarrassed of. That was until the seatbelt light switched on.

"Good Morning! Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome on board this flight to Miami, Florida. My name is John Graham and I'm Your In-flight Service Director. Your cabin crew is here to ensure you have an enjoyable flight to Miami this morning-"

I almost flinched as Lucinda snatched up her seat belt, tightening it securely to her small waist. With a hasted glance I saw how grey and unwell she seemed.