Chapter 46

"Yeah, from New York to Chicago to Melbourne to New South Wales to Perth to Western Australia and all the way to Queensland."

"You're bloody joking, in how long?"

"A tiny bit under a month."

"What?! That's not enough time you must have been exhausted. Any trouble on the roads? Must have been hairy just the two of you girls."

"Nah, my fieonsee is pretty handy. She gets us out of pretty much everything." I smiled over the lines of cars to the other side of the ferry as Lucinda's hair whipped in the wind.

Jerry as I've come to know as a curious and nice man in his mid-30's glanced over as well seeing Lucinda as most do, intimidated by her beauty but intrigued by her immaculately artistic skin as she had parts of herself exposed with her jacket off. It was beautifully timed as she flicked her hair back and smiled at us, a swell of pride washed over me.

"Beautiful."

"To put it mildly." I smirked and he grinned taking his eyes off her as she was catching on to our conversation.

"So what's after Frazier?" Jerry questioned as her flicked a cigarette out of its back, tapping the back of it as we could see the island coming into view.

"We go home."

"How boring after everything."

"You're telling me, but I have things waiting on me and responsibilities to get back to. We both do, first thing I'm going to do when I get back is model for this studio in Chicago that I've been volunteering for. They were an outlet when I wasn't in a good place, I definitely feel like I owe them."

"That's good of you," he mumbled cigarette in mouth, I cupped my hands to help him light it even if I hated the smell, "what about the wedding? I would have thought that would have been first thing or is that going to take a while."

"We haven't actually talked about it yet..."

"Hey-" he touched my shoulder and gave a guy a look as he brushed past me, "there's no need to rush it. You're young."

I felt guilty of what came to mind.

I came with him as he had to warm up his older F100, sitting beside him out of the wind. I lifted my head and smiled seeing how he'd done his own headliner in a Native American pattern. The fabric on the doors were the same and on his sun-visors were photos of him with friends he'd made on his journeys around the world. I gladly excepted as he offed to take a photo with me.

"That's a new one for the books." He grinned and shook out the Polaroid paper as it set to dry. It was cute, he totally had the hipster vibe down with that baggy beanie in the middle of summer.

"What is?" I asked him.

"Having the pleasure to meet someone famous."

"You should have take a photo with Lucinda." I laughed but he pushed my shoulder shaking his head as he proudly put out photo up with the rest.

"Don't down play yourself. You've done a lot with your life."

"Thanks you too man." I leant into his hug and he surprised me kissing my head.

"Don't be a stranger on the island, you ever need or want anything I'll be on the radio on channel 43. I know Lucinda gets you out of everything but if I can make it a little easier I'd be glad to help."

"Thanks Jerry, I'll let her know. It's been really nice meeting you, you really made the time fly."

Chuckling he gave me one last hug and wished us the best before I got out of the Ute and went around the cars to the motorbikes easily finding Lucinda chatting up fellow dirt bikers. I waited patiently as she got tips and heads up for what to expect on the island, it made me a little anxious as it sounded much harder than I expected and more dangerous than I read up online.