Chapter 26 - Dinner party at drakes

"Just admit it I know you cheated the 5K, I checked the routes online and there are no shortcuts you could have taken that out you first on foot." Smiling into my mini bottle of Champaign I could hear that smirk on Lucinda's face as she chuckled evilly.

"Well, I was standing next to the bike rack. I'm not sure how you didn't see me I was getting off as you run in." The traffic on route behind me was louder on her end, turning around in the back seat I could see her driver get caught up in an intersection.

"You stole a bike? You're insane, who's the sore loser now!? Sucks to be you it looks like you'll be stuck there for a while, yet again coming last."

"What's new."

Catching my gasp in my fingers I gapped widely, "that's such a lie and you know it!"

"Mhmm"

Staring back behind me I saw her car had caught up behind mine again, "don't mhmm me, I know you're just winding me up to mess with me. I'm onto you." Pulling out my makeup mirror I checked myself as the driver mentioned we were close.

"You're an easy girl."

Biting my lip not to smile I finished touching up my lipstick, "don't test me, women, I'll hold your hand in front of everyone don't think I won't."

"You'll behave and act appropriately Charlotte." I won, I could hear the irritation in her voice, it wasn't just me that had a soft point.

"After seeing the Snapchat you sent me in that dress I don't think that'll be at all possible. A lot of skin for a family home, one might think you are trying to tempt me."

That light laugh I loved sang though, "you'll be fine, it's dinner. A few hours and the tournament will all be over."

"Your hand feeling cold?" I questioned cheekily.

"You won't be touching me at all at this dinner. poka."

"Poka," I responded fondly before locking my phone and getting out of the car. Thanking the driver he closed the door behind me before my eyes found the most beautiful woman wrapped finely in red.

Sometimes I wondered who was the model in this relationship.

Mimicking the greeting Drake gave her I draped my hand around her waist and exchanged kisses on each other's cheeks. Of course, my hand lowered subtly before repeating the same with Drake, his wife, and Bethany. Minus the arse touching.

"Such a grand home, the view must be amazing from inside with all those windows." I pointed out how the majority of the walls around the house were made of glass.

"Architecturally beautiful but impractical in security. But that's what surveillance and Dean and James are for, how's it going boys?" He beamed and brashly patted one of the armed bruits walking the perimeter. "I hope you're all hungry because I know I'm starving, my darling wife's been smacking my hands senseless today but what was I to do being tormented for so long."

"Oh, I know what you mean," I mumbled causally out of earshot as I looked at Lucinda's tattooed revealed skin in that tight dress passing beside me.

The opened back of the dress showed her doppelgänger watching me as if I'd already been caught.

"That does smell good," Lucinda agreed through a deep inhale.

"It better, this beautiful angel searched all week for the perfect recipes to meet your unique tastes." The way he worded it he may have just hit her with, 'you're a fussy eater.'

Giving a playfully fake grin to Drake her simper shifted genuinely to his wife, "I appreciate it."

"It's my pleasure Lucinda, I've always enjoyed your visits." Watching her smile I could see they were well acquainted, "Château Cheval Blanc?" Drakes's wife offered to Lucinda's delight.