Chapter 43 - see you later

"I can do it love, it was just a small spill. Just give me a sec and I'll be right as rain." Pop shook off and reassured Nanna that helped him to a picnic table after one of the kids tripped him up and he hurt his knee.

"Charlotte get you pop a beer, I think the games are about to start-" Lucinda offered as she took his place at the BBQ flying up and turning the meets on the grill, being charming as ever to lessen the blow to my pops ego as he was feeling his age. That and Nan helped him feel younger as she brought up the portable tv and cuddled up with him hyping everyone up for the grand final Collingwood vs Richmond. I came back after dodging my aunts and uncles and all of the kids playing cricket on the sand of the beach, climbing up the slope of the weeded hill I put down Pops beer. Sliding my hand across the back of Lucinda's singlet she smiled over her shoulder as I kissed her cheek keeping my arm around her.

"I forgot to ask, did you want anything?"

"Nahoww-" she mocked in an Australian accent.

"Nahowww?" I mocked back and she chuckled, "You've helped heaps today babe, thank you." I kissed her again.

Interrupting her loving gaze my little shit nephew groaned, "Ewwww!" as I lent into her lips.

Gasping at him I lurched at him, "aw you want some too?" he screamed his little head off as I chased him making smacking noises with my lips, at a standstill he lurched back at me trying to throw me off to his direction but catching him mid-run I curled him into myself struggling as he giggled and screamed kicking his legs as I kissed his ear.

Coming back I beamed back at Lucinda as she did back seeing the whole thing, pulling me by my hip she nuzzled in my neck as she turned the sausages.

Cheers boomed behind us as the family started to gather scooting over the esky's from the four-wheel drives as the game started.

"I like this vibe," Lu admitted giving me a squeeze before I started to grab some trays for the vegetables that were getting a little over-cooked, "would you mind if we stay a little longer with your family?"

"I can ask, I think everyone is going home tomorrow. But I'm really glad you like my family."

"Some-" she muttered and I bumped her.

"She apologized."

"Mmmm," She murmured and I scoffed at her before Mum almost like sensed we were talking about her, Lu's back seemed to straighten as Mum said hi.

"What's up, mum?"

"Just checking if you girls might need some help, the boys are getting hungry."

"The meats going to need a few more minutes to cook, you can help bring out the plates and utensils." I wanted to disappear when Mum gave me a look with Lucinda bossing her around.

"You did ask to help-" I muttered and Mum cleared her throat at me with a look that made me cringe and had seen a million times before. Yes mum, I'll shut up.

Taking over everything with Mum everyone was spilling out from the picnic tables, sitting on camping tables, esky's, and on the sandy dirt. It was a typical pickic\BBQ from my childhood, just much better weather than in the past. Less wind to kick up sand in our food.

"Are you fucking kidding my PICK UP THE BALL!" My uncle shouted and I watched the TV for a moment as I excused myself putting down plates for everyone on the table. Collingwood was getting smashed. Counting out the plates I was confused when we were missing a person, I asked and my aunty made some remark about one of my nieces being moody and running off somewhere. I had to swallow down my quick response to tell her maybe to find her fucking child and not ignore her like she's some bother to be around.