Chapter 24 - tattoos and rimming

Charlotte's POV

Blinking my eyes open I smiled and kissed Lucinda's cleavage as she circled my back smoothly.

"Morning," I cuddled into her for a while longer before sliding up for a kiss.

Her eyes irritated and reddened with dark circles under them worried me, "You didn't sleep at all last night." Staring solubly down at the end of the bed I caught Lucinda's attention as I carefully caressed her cheek in my hand.

"You didn't do anything wrong, you were right I should have said something. I just didn't know if it was meant to feel like that, I'm okay." I tried to assure her as I hated seeing her worry and punish herself like this. Leaning in I slowly kissed up the length of her neck but she pulled away.

"You're not going to touch me again are you?"

Brushing a strand of hair behind my ear I smiled sadly as Lucinda kissed my cheek, "you know what's not what I mean."

Clenching her jaw not meeting my gaze Lucinda sat at the edge of the bed. Her tattoo doppelgänger staring back at me, with those hopeless eyes. I used to think she looked sad, she doesn't. She looks like a girl that'd disappear if she could at a snap of a finger.

"You said to me that you're only past experiences have been negative. Is this why this is messing with you?" I knew I would respect anything Lucinda would tell me at this point.

She came back. Opening her arm to let me rest in her chest, "mhmm," adjusting I crawled to sit across Lucinda's lap which she liked as she held me, "the blood did...How I finished while you were hurt does a lot too."

"You didn't know," I assured softly.

"It still happened."

Needing a while I sat with her mostly playing with her fingers in mine or watching Maxim at the end of the bed staring at his mommy.

"How are you?" Lucinda's voice sliced through the silence.

"Bit tender but I'm fine-" I smiled up at her tired face and cupped her cheeks, "I'm always going to be fine in the presents of such beauty." Laying kisses over Lucinda's bruised colored eyes I closed mine placing my forehead to hers, "am I still yours?" I whispered.

Nodding slightly, I smiled warmly holding her hands in mine. Butterflies were everywhere as Lucinda kissed me slowly. Mapping my lips and tongue to her memory.

Flinching we parted.

Maxim like an angry old man puffed his chest out and started barking at us.

"Am I late to feed your breakfast Maxim eh?"

Stretching in the downward dog he made a bunch of old man sounds before barking again.

"So rude." I teased sitting up with Lucinda patting him, "I can do it, lay down, and get some sleep." I insisted as her eyes kept falling closed, laying a kiss on her forehead I gathered the old man up. Feeding, watering, and taking him out to the toilet.

Tip toeing in the bedroom I expected Lucinda to be out cold. She wasn't.

The bathroom door was partially opened, and I could see steam pooling out. Peaking my head in I saw Lucinda.

Her wet raven hair laid the length of her spine as she barred her arms on the tiles to rest her head.

I knew she was way too tired and that at any moment she'd drift off and fall in the shower. Taking Lucinda's Versace robe off me I hung it up before getting under the shower head. When I placed my hand on her hip she jolted under my touch, seemingly waking from a mid-drift.