Chapter 16 - toys and Lucinda's house

Charlottes Point of View

Hours had passed and most of the dresses and outfits were runway ready now. Lucinda still remained to act as if I barely existed but I couldn't stop myself from still thinking about her. Hoping she didn't regret what happened and just crossing my fingers she didn't actually think I sucked at it. What if I was bad...?

I kind of wished I hadn't woken up alone though. Part of me knew it was because it might have been a lot for Lucinda to process but the other side of me worried it was because I was terrible and clumsy in bed and she regretted it ever happening.

The blaring Russian music started to make me feel a little crazy as I waited, "do you mind if I use your bathroom?" I asked having to lean into Lucinda's ear at the workbench, without saying anything she handed me a key.

As soon as I walked into the living area a smile crept on my lips, the bedsheets were still ruffled and full of memory. Following down the hall I quickly used the bathroom, glad the door drowned out most of the mind-numbing music. Lucinda had a full set-up here, makeup brushes, makeup, brushes, hair styling equipment, and a whole assortment of perfumes to choose from. After I took my time smelling all of them and checking out what makeup Lucinda used I paused, noticing the cabinet. Crouching down opened it to have a snoop but my face quickly exploded with heat.

A dildo.

Vibrator.

And a HEAP of other stuff I didn't even know the names of lined the bottom shelf of the cabinet.

Balancing my hand on the rim of the tub beside me I slowly stood. Wondering if Lucinda was using them when I came in last night while she was in here.

I will not smell them. I told myself with the golden dildo and vibrator in my hands, inhaling deeply I felt like an absolute idiot and creep. Of course, they are clean, you wouldn't put these away dirty.

I quickly got out of there as the Russian music turned off.

"We are done for the day," Lucinda told me in a strained voice as I walked into the workshop, on the harry potter looking ladder reaching out as she slid a roll of fabric back on the wooden shelving. Instinctively I held the bottom of the ladder, staring slyly as I had a great view up Lucinda's skirt.

White underwear today. I smirked to myself. My pupils dilated with a start as Lucinda caught sight of me perving on her, stepping down each of the steps I cringed watching the bar landing in front of Lucinda's heels.

You're going to trip... I cringed harder until Lucinda was at the bottom, safe.

"Thanks for the spot," She said briefly as she turned around and I flashed a quick timid smile as my mind swirled until Lucinda's eyes fell on my lips, "you need to keep your eyes to yourself though."

I smirked hearing that and slid my arms around her waist but Lucinda teased my touch with a changed expression.

"What is it?"

Kissing my lips my mind turned to mush but before I could fully react Lucinda pulled away with a look that read she didn't mean to do that. Wanting more I didn't except Lucinda leaving me like this.

"Why are you avoiding me? After last night I would have expected things would at least improve not go totally backward." I told her my heart jumped nervously in my chest as Lucinda stopped walking away.

"Charlotte just go."

"No! Fucking talk to me!"

Stumbling I almost lost my footing as Lucinda turned on me, grabbing me by the stomach of my dress and pulling me into her furious eyes "Don't ever raise your voice at me!"