Chapter 1

Letter after letter. Though I never send one, I wonder what would happen if I did. Mom said he didn't know about me, and that it was for the best. I know about him. The famous rapper. Who has a daughter, who he actually knows exists. I've been in foster care for awhile. But no one wants a 17 year old. I mean I'll be 18 in 8 months, and then its a world for me to discover. "If anyone wants to send any letters, mail goes out tomorrow morning at 9." I heard. This time I wasn't skipping out on this chance. If my- if Colson wants to know his daughter he never knew, so be it. If not, then I can just think he never got my letter.

Dear Colson Baker,
Hi, I'm your daughter, Chloe Baker. You may not belive me, but my mom is Jane Cameron. The girl who you casually slept with until you got yourself a girlfriend. Which also happened to be the same time I was conceived. You never knew about me because mom wanted me to stay away from your life. The famous thug life. As she called it. I've known about you all my life though. I've seen the videos of you with Casie. How I wish I was able to grow up with you in my life. But it's whatever. I've been in foster care for just over a year. Mom died of an overdose. Everyone thinks it was an accident, but I know she did it on pourpose. After my 14th birthday mom started using drugs badly. ANd after some stuff happened a year ago, I pushed her off the edge, and now, shes gone. I don't know if you're even going to see this, and even if you do, I'm not sure what I'm expecting. I guess I just want to get to know you. But, if you don't want that, it's completly fine. I only have 8 months, and I'll be 18. So, I hope this isn't bad for you, finding out you have another daughter. But I just figured you should know. If you ever want to contact me, heres my number. (###)###-####.

Your daughter, Chloe

"Here ma'am." I handed the lady the letter and she put it in the small box with barely any letters. She smiled at me, then I went back to my room and sat on my bed. "Finally sending a letter to your dad?" Sophie asked me. "Yeah, I doubt he would care though." I said softly. No one knew about Colson being Colson. Because if they did, they would either call me a liar, or wouldn't leave me alone about the fact that my dad is the guy who had "Beef" with Eminem. But I told Sophie everything about my parents, besides that obviously.

*Few Days Later*

I woke up to my alarm going off. I turned it off then looked through my notifications. I had a text from an unknown number.

?: Is this Chloe?

My first thought was a fan got my number.

Ch: Who is this?
?: It's Colson.
?: The guy you said was your dad.
Ch: Wait, I honestly didn't think you would message me.
Co: Is there anyway you can prove you're my daughter, and that your mom was right?
Ch: I figured you'd ask. I got a blood test when mom first told me.
*picture of results*
Co: So you're serious?
Ch: Yeah
Co: Why didn't you contact me sooner?
Ch: I don't know, I guess I was scared.
Co: oh
Ch: yeah.
Co: If you don't mind me asking, are you in Cleveland?
Ch: Yeah, born and raised.
Co: Would you mind if I came to see you?
Ch: I mean, I wouldn't mind. But you really don't have to.
Co: I insist.
Ch: That would be really cool.
Co: Great, I'll be back in Cleveland in a few days so I'll come see you when I'm back.
Ch: Okay.

The thought of meeting my dad is so surreal.

Ch: Oh the only way you would actually be able to see me is if you tell Ms. Jackie you are looking to adopt me.
Co: Sounds good
Ch: Just don't tell her you're my biological father.
Co: I won't.

"Why are you so happy?" Sophie asked me. "My dad messaged me." "Wait seriously?" She asked as she jumped up. "Yeah, he wants to meet when he's back in town." "I'm so happy for you!" She hugged me immediately. "I need to tell you something about him. You know, since you're my best friend." "Okayyyy?" "My dad isn't who I told you he was." "What do you mean?" She asked confused. "His name is Colson Baker. But he's better known as-" "Machine Gun Kelly." She said. "Yeah." "Like the guy on the back of our door!?" She asked as she pointed to the poster she bought of him. "Yeah." "Girl I know you like to seem cool. But you don't need to lie to me about who your dad is. That's pretty fucked up." She said. "I'm not lying. I swear." She rolled her eyes. "Whatever." "You seriously don't believe me?" "No, I don't." She said.

*few hours later*

I went on TikTok and decided I'd go live. I haven't done that in a while and my fans have been asking for it for a bit. As soon as I turned it on I immediately got people joining and asking questions.

"Hey guys!" I said as I waved to the camera. "I figured I'd come on here and talk with y'all for a bit."

"Hi Claire!" I said responding to a fan comment

"How am I? I'm doing really good honestly."

"Have I tried contacting any of my biological family? Um, yeah I have. And I'm going to meet my biological dad soon which is really exciting."

"Do I think he will adopt me? Ummm, honestly, I don't know. He's a really busy guy and he's got his own stuff going on. I just am glad I get to be in contact with him."

"Okay let's stop with those questions ask me some more random questions that aren't so deep." I said with a small chuckle

"Have i thought about joining an influencer tour like the lights out tour? Honestly that would be really cool, but with my foster care situation I don't think I'd be able too. At least not till I'm 18 that way I'm legally an adult."

"Tell is your first kiss story!" I laughed as I read the comment out loud. "It was nothing special, there was this guy who I had liked as a 7th grader and at our winter dance, my best friend told me she was going to get him to kiss me. I didn't believe her, but she did. Though she just literally pushed mine and his faces together." I laughed at the memory.

"What is my favorite part about my platform? I genuinely love everything. All my fans, and the fact that I have a loud voice to talk about things I have strong opinions on. And I get to talk about a lot of real life problems such as being in foster care."

"Okay how about I guest some people so we can talk!" I said with a smile. A bunch of people began requesting. I picked a random fan page.

"Omg, there is no way this is happening right now." She said. "Hiiiii!" I said with a smile. "Hi." She said shyly. "How are you?" I asked the young girl. "I'm doing alright, but definitely better now." "Just alright?" I asked. "Yeah, i just had some stuff happen with my boy- ex-boyfriend." "Oh no, I'm so sorry!" "It's okay, a cheater stays a cheater I guess." "You don't deserve that I'm so sorry." "Well I'm happy now anyways. I just want you to know I love you so much and you helped me through a lot." "Aweee, I love you too beautiful!" "Could we possibly pose for a screenshot?" "Of course!" I posed and waited a moment. "Thank you so much!" She said. "Of course!" She smiled then I said, "Well I need for get off my phone and go get dinner. So I'll have to end the live. Thank you for talking with me!" "Thank you." She said. She left the live then I said bye to all the viewers.

"Are you mad at me for not believing you?" Sophie asked. "No, not at all. But you will see him when he comes here." "I'll take your word for it." She said. "Wanna go get dinner with me?" I asked. "Yeah." We left our room and went to the dining hall and got ourselves something to eat, then we brought it back to our room.

"Is he really your dad?" She asked. I nodded. "No way my best friends dad Is THE Colson Baker." I laughed. "Just don't say anything about him being my biological dad. Case then hes gonna have to fill out a bunch more paperwork just to even see me." I said softly. "My lips are sealed."