Chapter 54

*Few Days Later*

Jaden is still acting weird, and I've finally had enough. I needed to know what was going on with him. As Jaden walked in the room he looked shocked that I was still awake. "What are you doing awake baby? It's hella late." He said. "We need to talk." I said. "O-okay." He said. He walked over and sat in the bed in-front of me. "What's going on with you?" I asked. "What do you mean?" He questioned. "You been acting weird for weeks. It's worrying me." I said. "I've just been busy Chlo." He said. "No that's not just it, you have been quiet, and distant. You barely talk to me anymore. It's like we're just two people living together who aren't even close enough to call friends." I said. He stayed quiet.

"So talk to me, what's going on?" I asked. "It's nothing Chloe, seriously. I'm gonna go change." He said as he got up. "No! You're not gonna tell me it's nothing and then just walk away! It's clearly something." I said as I jumped up. "I just am not doing good mentally okay!? So I've drowned myself in my music." He said. "Jaden..." "I have just been drained. I feel as if I'm already dead Chloe." He said. I moved closer to him and I placed my hand on the side of his face. I looked dead into his eyes, and it was like I was looking at nothing. "I thought we agreed you would talk to me if it got bad again." I said. "Yeah well, I lied. Okay? I don't want you to have to worry. It's not your problem. It's mine." He said. "It is my problem. Because I love you and care about you." I said.

"So don't." He said. "What?" I asked. "Just stop caring about me! Everyone else already has!" He said. "That's not true Jaden. And you know that." I said. "It is Chloe. It's 100% true." He said coldly. I stayed quiet in shock. "I can't do this Chloe." He said with his jaw clenched. "Wh-what do you mean?" I asked. "This. Us." He said. My heart dropped. He didn't mean that... did he? "Wh-why?" I asked. "I can't drag you down Chloe. You're going so far right now and I can't hold you back all because I'm not good enough for you." He said. "Stop, don't say that. Okay? You are the best thing in my life. I need you J." I said. "No Chloe, you need someone who doesn't push you away because of their mental health. Or someone who can be there for you all the time." "J-" "I'm serious Chloe." "No." I said. "What?" He asked. "I'm not going to let something like this break us up. We have been together for almost 3 years, we have a house together and a dog. I love you Jaden. Even if you don't seem to understand that. I fucking love you so much. I can't loose you." I said. "Stay here then, keep Juice. But we can't stay together Chlo." He said. "Yes, we can." He shook his head. "Jaden." I said. "I can't do that to you Chloe. You deserve so much better." He said.

"Jaden stop. Please." I said. "It's over Chloe." He said. He moved away from me and started to leave the room. "Jaden just stay here." I said. "Wha-" "I'll go stay with my dad and Casie. You stay here." I said. He looked at me with no real emotion. He nodded. "And keep Juice." I said. He shook his head. "No, you take him. I got him for you." He said. "Jaden-" "No seriously Chloe take him." He said. I stayed quiet. "Stay here tonight, I'll sleep in the guest room." "Jaden-" "Don't try and argue." He said. I just gave up. I knew I wouldn't win.

*A Week Later*

"Hey girl." Sophie said. "Hey." I said softly. "I was thinking we could go get ice cream. "Yeah, sure." I said. Sophie's been helping me get through the break up, which I will admit has been hard. But even more so today. Jaden and I both announced our break up after fans started speculating when he deleted all his posts with me. I couldn't bring myself to do the same. So I just left mine. Jaden and I both said it was a mutual agreement because we both just needed time to ourselves. We weren't gonna just throw out into the world everything that had been going on.

*Later*

Sophie and I sat at the ice cream shop and ate the ice cream. "How you doing babes?" She asked. "Fine." I said softly. Then Sophie's phone buzzed. She looked at it and he slight smile dropped. "What?" I asked. "Q texted me... Jaden has a surprise song release this week." She said. I just kinda brushed it off. "I think it's about the break up." She said. Just then my heart dropped. "Oh. That's quick." I said. She nodded. "This is gonna be great." I said with a sigh and she looked at me. "I'm sure it'll be fine." "Yeah well with my luck hes gonna twist stuff around and maybe say something like... I stole juice from him or something. And then I'll end up being the worlds most hated tiktoker." I said. "I'm sure it's not that bad." She said. I shrugged. "Guess we'll find out later this week." I said.