Chapter 24

"Are you excited?" Casie asked me. "Um, I'm freaking out. That's for sure. But ummm, I'm excited." I said. "It's gonna be great. You've gotta stop stressing yourself out." My dad said. "Easy for you to say. you've been making music for how long now?" I asked. "That doesn't mean anything I still get nervous when releasing stuff." He said. "Sure you do." I said. He laughed a little. "Everyone is going to love it." He said. "Thanks dad." I said. Just then my phone buzzed. I looked at it, and it showed Jaden texted me.

Jae: Hey baby. I'm gonna come get you in an hour. Make sure you're ready.
Chloe: What? Why? DID WE HAVE A DATE PLANNED!?
Jae: No, but now we do. Just a little surprise date night.
Chloe: Okay
Jae: Alright, I'll see u in an hour. I love you
Chloe: I love you too J.
Chloe: Wait, what should I wear? Casual or fancy?
Jae: Mmmm... Fancy...
Chloe: Okay...

"Everything okay?" My dad asked. "Uh yeah, I guess I have a date with Jaden. So I should probably go get ready." I said. "Alright. Come say bye before you leave." He said. "Okay." I said. I went upstairs and I took a quick shower. I then got out and put on a sports bra and shorts, and then I blowdried my hair. I then got dressed and did my makeup.

 I then got dressed and did my makeup

I looked in the mirror. Just then the doorbell rang. "Guess my hour is up. I slipped on my shoes, and then grabbed my purse and headed downstairs. I opened the door revealing Jaden with flowers. "J... What is this?" I asked. "Happy release day." He said with a smile. "Please tell me you aren't making a big deal out of this." I said. "Me? NEVER!" He said. I knew I was in for it tonight.

*Jaden's outfit*

Just then my dad walked downstairs

Just then my dad walked downstairs. He greeted Jaden and they talked for a moment. "Alright, well we should probably get going." I said. "Right, have fun. And don't be out too late." He said. "Will do." I said. Jaden walked me to my side of the car and he opened the door for me. "What a gentalman." I said with a smile. He leaned in and softly kissed my lips. I got in the car, and then he carefully closed the door.

*Bit Later*

"Alright, time for thr blindfold." He said. "Uhhh... What?" I asked. He then handed me a sleep mask. "J-" "I told you, this is a surprise." He said. "Fine." I put it on, and Jaden kept driving. And soon, I felt the car stop. "I'll help you out." He said. Then I heard him get out. A moment of scilence passed, and then I heard him open my door.

*Few Moments Later*

"Alright, take your blindfold off in 3...2...1..." I pulled it off and as my eyes adjusted to the light I saw I was at Hype House surrounded by all my friends. "SURPRISE!" They all yelled. "What they hell?" I asked in shock. "We had to go all out for the release of your first song." Addison said. "Holy shit you guys." I said. I hugged as many people as I could. "Now we have about an hour until we get to all hear it." Jaden said. "No, wait. We're going to be listening to it all together?" I asked. "Yeah." Jaden said. "UGH! I hate hearing myself." I said. He laughed. "Get used to it." He said.

*55 minutes later*

10 Minutes till HTNGU is out. And HOLY SHIT im scared. Everyone had a few drinks, we were all listening to music, and just hanging out. I had one cup of whatever drink Jaden made me because I wanted to be somewhat sober for the release. "Alright, We only have a few minutes. Time to open the chapange." Sophie said. Everyone agreed. After a moment of pouring drinks and them beingpassed around, Jaden waljed over with two glasses, one for him, and the other for me. He handed me one. And almost immedeately, Here's to never growing up started playing. I grabbed my phone and recorded a bit of us listening to the song, and Jaden leaned over and kissed my cheek. I ened the video and wrote, "Stream HTNGU!" And then added it to my story. "Holy shit, it's actually out." I said. He laughed. "I'm so proud of you baby." I smiled, and he kissed my lips softly.

*Later*

We went back to my house, and Jaden wasstaying the night. After we both got changed I laid next to him and cuddled up to him. As we laid there in comfortable silence my mind wandered. I wish it hadn't because next thing I knwo, I'm thinking about my mom. "You okay baby?" Jaden asked. "Yeah, of course. I'm fine." I said. "Why are you so quiet? What are you thinking about?" He asked. "I wish my mom were here. You know, to hear the song. To meet Sophie, and all my LA friends, and to meet you." I said softly. "Baby, I'm so sorry." He said. "It's okay. It's not your fault. She did some bad shit. She knew it would happen. But she did it anyway." I said. Jaden stayed quiet. "I think she would have really liked you J." I said. "Yeah?" He asked. "Mmm hmm." I said. "I think she would be really proud of you. For everything you've acomplished." He said. Those words hit me harder than I though they would. A few tears rolled down my cheeks. "Oh, baby, don't cry." He said as he wiped my tears. "I guess all I've wanted to do was make her proud. And now that I've done something that's worth her being proud of, shes gone," I said. "Believe me, she's still watching. And shes still off listening to your song. She's proud of you. No matter what." He said. "I love you J. I really needed that." I said. "I love you too y/n. More than you know."