Chapter 28

TW: MENTIONS OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, DEPRESSION, AND SUICIDE NOTE.

So, it's been about 2 weeks since I've seen Jaden. And in those two weeks, he's barely talked to me. We've called twice for a total of an hour, and we've texted maybe for the total of 2 hours? I'm not sure what's going on but he's been pushing me away.

Chloe: Hey J, I was wondering if you wanted to come over today
Jae: Sorry Chlo, I'm gonna be hella busy today... in the studio all day and stuff.
Chloe: Oh, okay. It's fine. Maybe another time.
Jae: Yeah.
Chloe: I love you J
Jae: Love you too

I don't know why him not adding one single letter, one word, made that so painful. Just "love you too"? I know it's probably nothing, he was probably just trying to hurry because he is busy. But just then I got a text from Sophie.

Soph: Hey u should come to Sway. Addi and I were both here to hang out with the boys but they kinda left us for each other.
Chloe: Okay Lmao. I'll be over in a bit.

*At Sway*

As we sat in the kitchen talking Sophie said, "So where's Jaden?" "Oh, he said he was gonna be in the studio all day." I said with a slight frown and a small sigh. "He's not in the studio..." I heard. I turned and saw Quinton. "What do you mean?" I asked. "He's up in his room." He said. I looked at Sophie confused. "He's barely left his room in like the past few weeks." He added. "So all the times he told me he was too busy to hang out... he was just up in his room?" I asked. "He's been saying he's too busy?" Sophie asked. "Yeah, too busy to hang out, to busy to call, to busy to text, and to busy to put an I in front of Love You." I said. They all looked at me. "Should I go talk to him?" I asked. "Yeah! I mean what the hell is all that for?" Addi asked. "I'm just scared as to what I'll find." I said. They all looked at my sympathetically. I shrugged and walked away. I went up the stairs and to Jadens room. I knocked on the door and there was no response. I opened the door and I saw Jaden laying in his bed facing the wall.

"J?" I asked. Immediately his body turned over. And his facial expression showed he knew he was caught. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Sophie and Addi were bored because the boys left them. So I came over. What are you doing here? I thought you were in the studio." I said. He sat up and against the headboard and looked as if he had no emotion. "I'm sorry, I just wasn't feeling great. Didn't want you thinking I was sick so I just told you I was busy." He said. "For the past 2 weeks?" I asked. "What do you mean?" He asked. "The last time I saw you was new years, and soince then you have been so distant. And come to find out you were lying about being busy because you were hiding away in your room." I said. "I'm sorry." Was all he said. "Why? Why have you been avoiding me?" I asked. "I haven't been avoiding you. I just wanted some alone time." "J..." I was worried. "Have I done something?" I asked. "No Chlo, I promise this has nothing to do with you. Okay?" He said. "Then how come you couldn't say I love you to me earlier?" I asked. "What do you mean? I did." He said. "No Jaden. You didn't. You said 'Love you too'." He looked at me with a blank expression. "I'm really sorry Chloe. Please just don't be mad or upset." He said. "I'm not. But I'm worried. I mean, I still don't understand why you have been ghosting me." I said. "Please can we just talk about this later? I really don't want to talk about this right now." He said. I stayed quiet. "Please just come lay with me." He said softly. I didn't know what was going on, but I could tell something was bothering him. I wasn't going to push now. So I just gave in and walked over to him. I sat next to him and leaned over to softly kiss his lips. He kissed back, but it was like he wasn't even there. No emotion. After a moment we both laid down. "I'm really truly so sorry Chloe." He said. I stayed quiet.

*Little Bit Later*

I laid there and I heard soft snores coming from Jaden. My eyes looked around feeling like something was off. That's when I saw an envelope with my name on it written in Jadens handwriting. I was confused. Why would he have an envelope that says "To Chloe"? I reached over to grab it and I then I sat up. It felt wrong doing this, but I felt like I needed to.

Chloe,

You are truly the best girlfriend I could ask for. You've been nothing but perfect. That's why this is so hard to write. You're reading this, which means I lost the fight Chlo. Sometimes my depression just hits really hard. Even though Im gone, please be there for my family. Please. I feel so bad to leave you all, but I just don't feel like I can fight anymore. Im not sure where it all came from. I just want the pain and suffering to end. And I know I've been pushing you away. But I'm just so scared I'll hurt you by leaving like this. I was thinking if I distanced myself from you before doing this, maybe I wouldn't hurt you as badly when I'm gone. I knew you were the one person I needed to write a letter for. You're the person who means the most to me. I want you know I love you. So much. And that none of this is your fault. Okay? Please don't blame yourself for this. Because I know you, and I know you will. Honestly you're the reason this hasn't happened sooner. I've tried so many times, but I could never do it because all I could think about is you. Thank you for all you did for me. If it weren't for you I might never have released Comatose, I would have never been signed to DTA, there is so much that wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been here.

I think back to the night you and I met, when we both just talked, a lot. Or the night we made it official. Everything about this relationship has been perfect. I'm not sure how it's real. Every small moment we've had. And the way you make me the happiest person ever. I need you to understand I truly do love you. I planned on one day getting your dads blessing to marry you, and to get a ring and put it on your finger to replace the promise ring I gave you. To say I do in front of all our friends and family. And even though it can't happen now, I'll be watching over the day you do walk down the isle in a white dress. I'll be supporting you from wherever I end up.

I love you Chloe.

I do.

So, so much.

Love, Jaden