Chapter 2

It's been a few days since talking to Colson, and today he's coming to meet me. Which I'm kinda freaking out. 17 years of not knowing my dad. And out of nowhere, here this all comes. I quickly got up and got ready.

 I quickly got up and got ready

I curled my hair and did light makeup

I curled my hair and did light makeup. And just like that, there was a knock on my door. "Chole, time for your afternoon out with a possible parent." The lady said. I looked to Sophie and she followed me out. And with that, we both saw the one and only, Colson Baker. I walked down and he sm iled at me. "Hi, I'm Colson." He said pretending we hadn't gotten to know each other at all. "I'm Chloe." I said with a smile. "Okay, well you two are free to go, but Chloe needs to be back by 9 and no later." She said. Colson nodded and him and I walked out. I saw his car and I got in the front seat. "It's good to meet you." He said as he got in the car. "You too. I've only been waiting 17 years." "I'm so sorry. " "It's not your fault. My mom didn't even tell you she was pregnant."

"So I figured we could go get something to eat." He said. "Sounds good." I said. "So, what do you like?" "Anything really." I said as I shrugged. "Shake Shack?" He asked. "Sure." I said. As we drove we talked about random things. "YUou know, my best friend is a huge fan of yours." "Really?" "Yeah, her and I are also roomates. So there is a poster with your face on it, on the back of our door." He laughed. "So, do you have any other siblings?" He asked. "Nope, It was just me and mom. And her occasional boyfriends she would bring into our lives just for them to break her even more." "Wow." He said. I knew he didn't know what to say. "So, what about Casie. How is she?" "She's good." "I'm glad." I said softly. Then I asked, "Does she know about me?" "N-not yet. I'm not sure how I tell a 10 year old girl that she has a sister." "I get it. I wouldn't know how to tell her either."

"Tell me about yourself." He said calmly as we sat at our table at shake shack waitng for our order. "Uhhh... I'm a boring teen girl." I said as I shrugged. "Well what kind of things are you into?" "Well, I'm an influencer and youtuber, so I use my platform to help people as much as I can. And I guess I just really love the idea of entertainment. Like Music, or acting, or even just what I do now." I said with a smile. "That's really cool." We continued talking as we ate. "So what kind of music do you like?" He asked me. "Ummm... All kinds. Mostly punk, or rock. But i like Rap and Pop a lot too." "Nice." "What about you? Are you all about the rap life?" I asled. "Well obviously I love rap. But I love a lot of punk as well. I honestly really want to make a punk album, but my label says it would be carreer suicide." "I mean if you wanna do it, you should. This lifestyle is about taking chances. You only live once." I said. "You're right." He added. "I usually am." Him and I both laughed at my comment.

*Time Skip*

Colson and I spent the day talking and getting to know each other. As we were on our way back to the home, Colson said, "So I had fun getting to know you." "Me too." I said. "So, I was thinking, feel free to say no. But how would you feel about moving out to LA with me?" "I mean, I would love that. But shouldn't you talk to Casie?" I asked him. "If I get the okay from her." He said with a smile. "I would love that." I said. I felt the tears begin to form. "I spent 17 years not even knowing you exist, I want to make the best of life for you, even if you leave as soon as you are 18." He said as he pulled into the parking spot. We both got out of the car, and immedeatly, I hugged him. It took him a moment, but he hugged back. "Thank you." I said with a big smile.

We walked in and Colson talked to the three ladies in charger as I went back to my room just to see Sophie staring at me. "How was it!?" She asked. "It was amazing! And Colson is gonna talk to Casie and see what she says about me going with them when they go home." I said hapily. "Seriously!?" I nodded. She immedeatly hugged me. "I'll miss you, but I'm still so excited for you. "I mean, he still may not do it. He has to get the okay from Casie, and then go through the system and all of that." "Yeah, but still." I smiled. There was a knock on the door. I figured it was one of the workers telling us to go to bed. "Yes?" Sophie asked. The door opened and revealed Colson. "I wanted to come say goodbye." He said. I figured that meant he was going to be going back to LA without me. "Oh, yeah, it was nice meeting you." I said trying not to sound upset. He then said, "Oh, and I wanted to make sure you had your bags packed." He said. I first I was cinfused. But then I looked to Sophie with wide eyes as I realized what that meant. I ran over to him and hugged him. "You're serious?" I asked. "Dead Serious." He said as he hugged back. "I'll be back tomorrow at 1:30. Make sure you're ready, cause we will have a flight to get on."