Chapter 53

(Few Months Later)

I laid on the bed with Jaden and he was really quiet. He had been all day. "Bub?" I asked. "Hmm?" He hummed in response. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, of course I am." He said. "Okay... but you would tel me if you weren't.... Right?" I asked. "Always." He said softly. All I could think about was when I had found out about how bad his depression was. I hoped it wasn't happening again. I mean, Jaden knows he can always talk to me, but I know it can be hard. I decided not to think too much about it cause then I would stress on it, even though it probably is nothing. "You tired baby?" He asked. I nodded against his chest. "Okay, I'll turn out the light." He got up making me loose my pillow, and then he turned off she light before quickly walking back to the bed and laying down. I laid my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head. "I love you J." I said. "Love you too baby." Oh no, not that sentence again. I brushed it off. Maybe he was just tired. Not long after I fell asleep.

*Next Morning*

I woke up to a half empty bed. Jaden was no where to be found. I looked around the room and nothing. I then looked at my phone seeing I had a message from Jaden.

J: I had to leave pretty early to go to the studio. I'll see you tonight. Love you.
C: Okay, I'll see you later tonight. I love you too.

Weird, I had no idea he was going into the studio today. I thought he said he was free the rest of the week. Maybe he said that last week... I'm not sure. I've literally been confusing my days for like the past month. Everything has been so busy. I decided I was gonna go hang out with my dad and Casie for awhile. I missed them both so much.

I got dressed in a long sleeve black crop top and light brown cargo pants. I put my hair in two French braids and then I put on some light makeup. Once I was done I drove to the house.

I walked up and opened the door as I still had my key. And instantly Cause ran up and hugged me. "Hi!" I said with a big smile. "Hi!" She said back. "Where's dad?" I asked her. "He's upstairs." She said. "Oh, okay." I said. "I missed you Chloe." "I missed you too Cas." I said. "Chlo?" I heard. I turned my head and saw my dad walking down the stairs. He came over and I hugged him. "What are you doing here?" "Well I figured I'd come visit so I texted Casie asking if you guys would be home today." I said. "I'm glad you came by. We've missed you around here." He said. "I know, I miss being with you guys." I said. "Our pizza just got here a few minutes ago if you wanna come eat." He said. "Yeah sure." I said as I shrugged and we all walked to the kitchen.

I sat down on one of the bar stools. "So, how's Jaden?" My dad asked. "He's good." I said sounding unsure. "You sure?" He asked. "I don't know, he's been acting off recently." "How so?" He asked. "Just quiet, and really distant." I said. "Well are you guys okay?" He asked. "I mean I think so." I said. He gave me a questioning look.

*Later*

"Chloe can you please stay the night!?!?" Casie asked. "Ummm, yeah. I'd love too." I said with a smile. I then decided to text Jaden and let him know.

C: Hey J, so I'm gonna stay at my dads tonight. Casie really wants me too. You could come too when you're done at the studio.
J: Oh, okay. Well I'm probably gonna be here till really late. So I might just head home if it's too late.
C: Okay. Well then if I don't see you tonight I'll see you tomorrow.
J: Yeah.
C: I love you J.
J: Love you too Chlo.

Not this again. God I know it's just one word, just one single letter, but it still stresses me the fuck out. "Everything okay?" Casie asked. "Yeah, everything is great." I said. "Can we have a sleepover in my room?" Cause asked. "Yes! Of course!" I said with a smile and she smiled back. I looked at my dad. I knew he could tell something was wrong. "Cas, why don't you go get some extra blankets for Chloe and bring them to your room." My dad said. She nodded then ran up the stairs.

"Talk to me, what's going on?" He asked. "Nothing." I said as I shrugged. "Chloe come on, I know when you're lying." He said. I let out a sigh, and I gave in. I explained what had been going on the past few weeks with Jaden. "Listen, don't think too hard about it. Okay? I'm sure everything is fine. Just talk to him." My dad said. I nodded. "You're right. It's probably nothing." I said with a sigh. "Exactly." He said.