Chapter 5

It's been a few months of being in LA, I've gotten close with my dad and Casie. I also have become really close with the hype house and with the sway boys. Plus all their girlfriends. I honestly am starting to love LA. One sad thing though, Sophie was adopted, and they are super strict and they don't let her talk to me. Mostly because they found out that she was Bi, and so they think she likes me, and since they are homophobic, she isn't allowed to talk to me. So, it sucks not having her to talk to. But once a month we send letters back and forth and I pretend I'm a guy she's talking to. That way we can tell each other everything going on in our lives.

As I was doing my makeup my phone rang. "Chlo, I'm freaking out." Jaden said as I answered the call. "Whats wrong?" I asked worried about my best friend. "I have 3 days until Comatose comes out. What if the fans hate it?" I sighed. "J, the fans aren't gonna hate it. You know why?" "Why?" He asked unsure. "Because, for one, it's an amazing song. And for two, they love and support you through so much. This is your chance to show the world how amazing and talented you are. Don't overthink it." "Thank you. You really are the best." "I'm just telling the truth." I heard him softly chuckle. "Oh, since I have you on the phone... Would you want to come over to possibly help me with a video?" I asked. "Yeah sure. When?" "Whenever you're free." "Sooooo, now?" He asked. "Sounds good to me." "Alright, I'll be over in like 45 minutes." He said. "Okay, see you in a bit." With that we hung up.

I went downstairs and saw Colson and Travis standing by the table. "Hey Colson. Hey uncle Travis." I said as I walked over to them. "Hey kiddo." Travis said to me. "What's up?" I asked. "We are about to head to the studio. You wanna join?" Colson asked. "Can't, Jaden is coming over to help me with a video, and then we have movie night at Hype." "Alright." "Well have a good time at the studio. And I can't wait to hear what you guys come up with." Travis is helping my dad work on his new punk album. He's doing all the dumming for the album and he's helping Colson as much as he can creativly. How cool is it I get to call THE Travis Barker my uncle. I know biologically hes not, but still. It's insane. I hugged them both and soon they left. Casie is in Ohio with her mom for the next 2 weeks. So that means I'm home alone probably till late tonight. So, I'm glad Jaden is coming over.

As I sat on the counter scrolling through my phone I got a call. "Hey, so I was wondering if you wanted me to stop and get something to eat." "Sure. Sounds good." "What do you want?" He asked. "Honestly I don't really care. As long as its edible. The only food we have in our fridge right now is leftovers from last week. So I doubt it's still good." "Alright. I'll be to you in like 20 minutes then." "Perfect, I'll leave the door unlocked for you." "Alright, bye Chlo." "Bye J." We then hung up. I grabbed my camrea and made sure the battery was fully charged, and then I went on tiktok. I made a few tiktoks, I then posted one to the clip Jaden teased of Comatose. I then decided to start the intro for my video.

"Hey guys, welcome back to my channel. So, today, I'm going to try and convince Jaden to help me prank our friends, and, you guys. So, if you're seeing this video, then that means that you were all pranked. And yeah. But Jaden has no idea that this is the video he agreed to help me record. So were gonna get his reaction when he gets here." I then realized Jaden had walked throught the door. "Andddddd, he brought me food! Thank goodness." I jumped off the counter as he walked over. He hugged me as he set the food on the counter. "Oh, you already started filming." He said before he smiled to the camera. "Yup." "So, what exactly is this video?" "Well, I was thinking. Maybe it could be a prank video." I said to him before smiling to the camera.

"I'm down, what kind of prank?" "We make our friends, and fans think we're dating?" I said as if it were a question. Jaden then just laughed. "The sad part is that they would all believe it too." He said. "Exactly!" "I mean, I'm down." "YES!" I cheered. I then looked to the camera and said, "Okay, so now were gonna eat and then I'll pick the video back up." I turned off the camera, then set it down on the counter. "Would you like your food?" Jaden asked. "Yes please!" I said in dire need of food. He laughed and handed me a spicy chicken sadwhich from Chick-fil-a. We both started eating and just talked while we ate.

"So, how do you want to do this?" "Well I was thinking, since there are so many ship edits of us, we could start off by liking some of those and like commenting stuff on each others posts. And then once we do that almost immedeately it'll be picked up by fans, then carried onto tiktok room so quick. Then before you know it fans are thinking we're together. Then maybe for the movie night you and I are a little "Extra" friendly. and then we tell them we are together. They would all easily believe it." "You had all this planned out for a while didn't you?" Jaden asked. "Only like two weeks." He laughed and then he agreed to it. "This is gonna be fun."