Chapter 26

"Tickets To My Downfall, is officially out in the world." My dad said. I smiled. "Dad, this is absolutely amazing. I'm so proud of you." I said. He hugged me. We sat and watched the numbers climb. More and more streams. "This is so cool." Casie said. "Congrats." Jaden said to my dad. I heard a knock on the door. "Who's here?" My dad asked. I looked at Jaden with a smile. See my dad had been hella sick for the past few weeks. So, he forgot to plan a bit of a party. Not that he NEEDED one, but he is Colson Baker. Soooo... Jaden and I had it all planned out. "I'll get it." I said.

I walked to the door and just then a large group of people started walking in."Travis, Landon, and Alabama Barker, Kourtney Kardshian, Dominic Harrison (Aka YUNGBLUD), Pete Davidson, Rook, and a bunch of my dad's other friends. "What the hell?" My dad asked. "Surprise." I said with a smile. "You did this?" He asked. "I had a little help." I then looked to Casie and Jaden. "Now, let's go celebrate!" I said making everyone laugh. I grabbed a speaker and began playing my dad's new album. We all joined in, dancing or singing.

I walked over to the british guy I knew as Dom. He's one of my dad's close friends that Travis introduced him to. "Hey Dom." I said with a smile. "Hey!" He said in his loud voice. I looked over and saw Jaden talking with Travis, and I smiled. I continued my conversation with Dom which was great. He's so fun to talk to.

*Later*

Most people left, it was down to me, Jaden, my dad, Travis, and Casie. But Casie just went to bed. I sat on the counter next to Jaden as my dad and Travis stood infront of us. "So y/n do you have an idea for your next song?" Travis asked. "Well, I was planning on releasing a song in like a month. I kinda just wanna let out some of my music. You know?" "Yeah." He said. "What song?" My dad asked. "I was think Just Friends... But I'm not sure." I said. (By Why Don't We) "Have I heard that one?" Jaden asked. "Mmm.. I don't think so." I said with a small smile. I knew he hadn't heard it, that was on purpose. This song is about him. I had wrote it long before I thought I would take up music. I had just wrote it for fun.

"You should sing it." Travis said. "What!? No way!" I said. "Why not?" Jaden asked. I looked at him. I didn't wanna just be like, cause it's a song I wrote about you and I'm scared to see your reaction. "Just cause." I said. "That's not a good enough answer." He said with a smile. "Come on Chlo." My dad said. I looked at the three guys pleading looks. "UGH! FINE!" I said. They all smiled and I rolled my eyes. "I'll be right back." I said. I got off the counter and ran to my room to grab my guitar. Here goes nothing I guess. I went back downstaris and saw them all sitting in chairs in a half circle leaving a spot for me on the counter. "Saranade us." Jaden said with a smile as I got up on the counter. I looked at Jaden and I started getting nervous. I knew it wasn't a big deal, but I'm just nervous about him hearing one of the many songs I've wrote about him. He smiled at me and I smiled back, before I knew it, his hand was placed on my knee.

... Can't keep controllin' it
When you come around me
Gotta get a hold of it
Tell me if you're ready 'cause I'm ready
... Yeah, you know what you're doing when you walkin' in that __
Baby, I can tell that you ain't easily impressed
I got tunnel vision, think it's time that I confessed
If I could just get my arms around you
... Baby, don't you say that we're just friends
When you know we could be lovers instead
Wanna give you a night you'll never forget
Do the things we never did
... You're out your head, so out your mind
To think that I would let you pass me by
Oh, baby, don't you say that we're just friends
When you know we could be lovers instead
... You know you're ____
I don't gotta say it (don't gotta say it)
You try to brush me off (brush me off)
But I know that you're playing, quit playing
... Yeah, you know what you're doing when you walkin' in that ___
Baby, I can tell that you ain't easily impressed
I got tunnel vision, think it's time that I confessed
If I could just get my arms around you
... Baby, don't you say that we're just friends
When you know we could be lovers instead
Wanna give you a night you'll never forget
Do the things we never did
... You're out your head, so out your mind
To think that I would let you pass me by
Oh, baby, don't you say that we're just friends
When you know we could be lovers instead

As I sang I could feel Jadens eyes on me, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him. As I finished they all applauded. I laughed a little. "Thanks." I said with a small smile. I looked at Jaden and he had a wide smile. "That was amazing Chloe." Travis said. "Yeah kiddo. That was so great." My dad said. "Thanks." I said with a smile. I looked to Jaden and he gave me a soft smile. "That was so amazing." He said. "Thanks J." I said with a smile. We sat there all still talking and just having a good time. But it started getting late and I started getting tired. "You staying tonight?" I asked Jaden. "Yeah, if that's okay." He said. "Of course. Right?" I asked my dad. "Yeah of course." He said. "Alright, we'll I'm going to bed." I said as I hopped off the counter. "You want me to come with baby?" Jaden asked. "No its okay." I said knowing he wasn't tired. "You sure?" He asked. "Yeah." I said with a smile. He softly kissed my lips, and then I said goodnight to my dad and Travis. And then I went upstairs.

I got ready for bed then laid down under the covers. I laid there thinking about the song I had sang. I guess I just hoped Jaden actually liked the song. But my thoughts were interrupted by my bedroom door opening. "Oh hey." I said with a smile as I saw Jaden walk in. "Hey." He said with a smile. "I thought u we're gonna stay up talking with my dad and Trav." I said. "Yeah, Travis was leaving and I think your dad was about to head to bed." He said. "Oh, okay." I said. He slipped off his shirt and walked over to me as I was on the bed. "That song was definitely something." He said. "Yeah?" I asked as I was nervous. "Yeah, I really liked it." He said. "You did?" I asked unsure. "Yeah. Who inspired that song?" He asked. "Oh, just some random guy. Not important." I said sarcastically knowing he knew. "God I love you." He said. "I love you too." He leaves down and kissed me. "Ready for bed?" He asked as he pulled away. "Yeah." He pulled off his pants and replaced them with sweats. He then joined me under the covers wrapping his arms around my waist. He pressed his lips to the back of my shoulder. "You know I love you, right?" He asked in more of a whisper. "Yeah, of course I know that. I love you too." I said. I wasn't sure where this was coming from. I don't know why he had to ask. Do I seem as if I think he doesn't? Do I not show him I love him? "Goodnight baby." He said as he kissed the back of my shoulder again. "Goodnight J." I said.