13. Markus

It is now Saturday, the day of mine and Neo's date. Speaking of Neo, I haven't seen him. The only time I've seen him has been for meals. He holed himself up in his room. Though I will admit that I haven't actually tried to talk to him outside of our meals. His brother Luke told me not to worry about it and that it was normal when I asked him. I also asked their parents and Lake told me Neo started doing the pack finances. My mate is hardworking, he'll be such a great leader. I'm also not used to calling the Alpha and Luna by their first names. It's so weird to me. I honestly hope that they don't expect me to call them mom and dad anytime soon.

Speaking of which, I did end up hanging out with my own family a few times during the week. It's weird not seeing them everyday let alone in the same house. Which I'm currently with said family watching a movie. Though I'd rather be with my mate working on our relationship, especially since I haven't spent any time with him. God, I hate that he's trying to be responsible.

Don't lie to yourself, you love it. Matt spoke up.

You're not wrong but let me live in this small hate. It'll only be for a little bit.

Only until you're in his presence again.

Yes

Fine, I'll leave you alone.

Thank you. I went back to pretending to pay attention to the movie while actually thinking about my mate. I might have issues but that's okay. Mates are usually obsessed with each other. I can't wait for this movie to be over so I can finally be with Neo again.

I ended up getting suckered into another movie before I was finally let free. I am now on my way back to my mate's house after spending six hours with my parents and brother. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my family. Only when I don't have suppressing matters with my mate though.

"Is Neo still in his room?" I ask Luke once I get inside the house. I only receive a nod as the male stays focused on the game he was playing. I quietly say thank you before heading to Neo's room. I was not prepared for the sight before me when opening the bedroom door.

A big fluffy dark brown wolf greeted my eyesight. Wait a second. Is that the pack finances? Is Neo letting Nick look over those? And in wolf form too?

"Nick? Are you in control now?" The wolf looked up, startled. He gave me a shocked expression like he wasn't expecting anybody to come up here. After getting over his slight shock, he stuck out his tongue and pranced over to me. Oh yeah, Nick is definitely in control.

"Hi Nick. I love your coat." I told him as I pat his giant fluffy head. Nick licked my face as I pet him. Suddenly he pulled back and shifted. I felt strong muscular arms wrap around me and pull me close after he was done shifting.

"I've missed you mate." His voice was deeper than Neo's and I almost moaned out loud hearing it.

"Happens when you let your human hole up in your room." I retorted.

"Yes well, Neo had things to take care of without distractions. You also could have come to our room to talk to us. You are welcome to come inside."

"Well you guys never told me I could. And I'm a distraction?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, it was slightly implied you could come in when we placed you in the room across the hall. As well as let you know that you could come to our room if you needed anything." He stated.

"I guess, though one thing."

"Yeah?"

"What about my question about me being a distraction? Hmm?" He looked a little flustered then.