11. Markus

I watched as Neo walked out of the room. He seemed to be deep in thought. Without thinking I lifted my hand up to the cheek that Neo touched. Neo actually touched my cheek even after talking about giving himself time. Hey, we might be inseparable by the end of the week, but I can't get my hopes up. I mean, Neo did look like he was in deep thought. He was probably thinking things through. He might have even forced himself to touch me. But hey, I could try to get him to fall in love with me without him having to force himself. Yeah, I could do that, but just how am I going to do it?

I let out a frustrated sigh. I thought back to when Neo held my cheek, hoping to get an idea. I loved the feel of his soft hand caressing my cheek, and the feel of his thumb rubbing my skin. I had wanted to kiss him right then and there. But I held myself back because he might not have liked it. I don't need him rejecting me.

  Maybe we can take him out to dinner this week. Matt suggested.

  That sounds like a good idea Matt. Should we do it tonight?

  No, we need to talk to his parents tonight. Remember? We also don't know how long the conversation will take. Maybe we could do it this Saturday instead.

  You're right, that sounds like a much better idea. I'll go ask him out now then.

  Let's settle in first then go ask our mate out on a date. I want to let him have a little more thinking time.

  Fine! I pouted. I wanted to be in his presence again as soon as possible, but I guess I could let him have a little alone time. I should probably also explain why I constantly fought with when we were younger.

  That would probably be wise. My wolf cut in.

  Shut it. You liked seeing angry Neo as much as I did.

  You got me there, but seriously though. Put your clothes away. The sooner your done the sooner we can see Neo.

  Okay, I'll put them away.

One hour later and I was finally done putting everything away. Now I could finally pester a certain someone. Though first I had to figure out where he went. Oh no! What if he left the house? I'd have a heck of a time finding him then, even with my werewolf senses. Speaking of which, what is that amazing smell?

Snapping out of my thoughts, I lifted my nose in the air and sniffed. Wherever this smell was coming from, it was heavenly. I decided I'd follow the heavenly scent, besides it might just lead me to Neo. Or give me a clue to his whereabouts. The scent led me all the way to the kitchen. I could hear someone moving about in there as well as humming. I moved to the doorway, and I just have to say I was not prepared for what I saw.

Neo was the one moving about in the kitchen! In an apron at that! God he looks so hot. I had to put all my might into not groaning out loud. I watched the way he moved and flexed. His muscles would pop out and show when he moved just right. I'd die happy if he wrapped those arms around me.

"Markus? How long have you been standing there?" Neo's question partially knocked me out of my trance.

"Uuuh" was all that managed to escape me. I was focused a little too hard on him.

"Huh, when did you get over here?!" The feeling of Neo's hand on my cheek completely snapped me out of my daydream. Neo chuckled at my reaction and gave me his charming smile.

"While you were daydreaming. Did you need something?"

"Will you marry me?"

"Eventually I guess"

"God you're so hot" I groaned.

"Thanks" Oh my god, is he blushing?! It's official I'm dead. He's killed me.

"So, what did you actually need?"

"Huh?" Neo gave me a pointed look.

"You couldn't have come to the kitchen to ask me to marry you. You had to have wanted something else."

"Oh yeah. Will you go on a date with me this Saturday? I was thinking we could get dinner and maybe see a movie."

"Yeah, sounds like fun. Do you want to help me finish making dinner?"

"Absolutely, what are you making?"

"Beef Rouladen with corn on the cob and scalloped potatoes."

"First of all, I didn't know you could cook. Second of all, that sounds so good I want to eat it now."

"Thanks, it's a new recipe my dad taught me." He was blushing again. We both fell into a quiet, comfortable atmosphere with him telling me what to do to help cook. It honestly felt really nice being with him like this. He also looked so peaceful in the kitchen.