10. Neo

I thought back to when I went to talk to Markus while I helped him pack. I have to be honest that I was nervous and a bit frightened when I went to talk to Markus. I was relieved when he said that it was okay to take things slow, and now I feel better because I'm with him. But I still want to take things slow. I had looked at him up and down before I went into his view of eyesight too. He had a nice tan. His hair was still shaggy except that it was curly now. I could even see that his freckles disappeared from where I was standing. He was wearing blue jeans, a plain red shirt, and a black jacket. I have to admit that he looked kind of hot.

I want to fuck him now. Nick so bluntly said.

How about, no! I replied. Nick pouted like the big baby he was.

I am not a big baby, you are.

You're not helping yourself right now. You're just proving my point. He growled quietly at me before plopping down with a huff.

"I think that's everything. Let's go.", Markus spoke out, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded my head, and we headed out. I climbed up the ladder first so I could explain to my family why Markus is moving in with us. I brought some of his luggage with me, so he didn't have to carry so much. I popped into the kitchen and peeked into the living room. My family wasn't sitting on the couch like they were when I left. In fact, I don't see, hear, or smell them anywhere. I think they might have left the house while I was gone. I sat Markus's luggage on the floor and went to help him up. But when I went to help him, I saw that he was talking with someone. That someone was my dad. I quickly climbed down the ladder surprisingly both of them looked when I said hi.

"Neo. It's good to hear that you and Markus made up.", dad said as he pats me on the back.

"Yeah, I'm glad we're okay now too.", I replied nervously while scratching the back of my neck.

"Markus was just telling me that he came over here again to see how you were doing. He said that both of you were talking on two different sides of your bedroom door. He didn't really get to see exactly how you were. Speaking of which, you look and sound better.", dad told me. he had an enormous grin on his face.

"Yeah, I feel better. Is it okay if I talk to Markus alone?", I asked.

"Sure. Oh, your mom and brother are out. Well, have fun you two. I'm just going to continue checking on things." With that said, my dad turned around and left.

"Now, back to getting you moved in.", I told Markus. He nodded his head and got the rest of his things, which were placed behind the tree. We climbed up the ladder, and I picked up the luggage I had set down earlier. I went up the stairs, making sure that Markus was following, and went into a room that was across from my own.

"This will be your room until I get used to being with you." Markus looked around for a few minutes before looking at me. He looked a little nervous. I started to get a little bit shaky just by watching him.

"Well, I'll show you around now.", I told him while trying to keep a calm voice. He nodded his head and followed me around the house. I showed him the kitchen and living room. I even showed him some shortcuts and hidden passageways to different parts of the house. I had found those shortcuts and passageways a few years ago when I was playing hide and seek with Luke.

"I have one question to ask you, Neo.", Markus suddenly said.

"What is it?"

"Where's the bathroom? That's kind of important to know, you know." I mentally smacked myself. I can't believe I forgot about that of all things.

"There's a bathroom in your room, one downstairs by the kitchen, and one by the stairs on the second floor." I informed him.

"Okay, thank you, and one more thing. When are we going to tell your parents about us?" I looked at Markus for a few minutes before answering.

"We'll tell them tonight. By the way, if you need anything during the night, m room is right across from yours. I hope you like it here." Without thinking, I moved closer to Markus and gently caressed his cheek. Markus closed his eyes and leaned into my touch without a single hesitation. I slowly rubbed my thumb on his cheek, causing him to hum softly and nuzzle a little closer to my palm. I have to admit, I liked being with him and being able to touch him like this.

I pulled my hand away from his face, and Markus moved his on top of mine. He held it as I pulled away. I gave him a small smile before leaving the room. I wanted to give him some time alone so he could get comfortable in the bedroom. I also left him alone so I could think. I was wondering how long it was going to take me to get used to having a mate. Or more like having him as my mate. I swear I'm a weird werewolf, but of course Markus was at one point my enemy. Now fate joined us together. In just one day, Markus and I went from hating each other to being mates. It's a lot to take in honestly. All the other couples didn't go through what I'm going through. I even asked them all. But one thing that's on the top of my mind is how does Markus feel about all this? What does he think?

I let out a small breath as all these thoughts and questions consume my mind. I need to go find something to do to help clear my mind. Wait a second. I could fix dinner tonight. That's one less thing for my parents to worry about. I could make one of the new recipes dad just taught me. Cooking always clears my mind. Yeah, I think I'll do just that. So, to the kitchen I went.