7. Neo

I went down to breakfast and all I could think about was my dream. I remember seeing Markus's face before waking up. Could my dream be telling me something? Is Markus my mysterious mate? I kind of hope not. And if he is, I hope he doesn't come over here to see me.

Lies.

It's not lies Nick.

Of course, it is. We both know that you actually do want to see our mate. Ugh, I hate when my wolf can be right. I really did want to see our mate. It's actually been driving me crazy. But of course, I'm too scared to go find them. I don't even know what I'm so afraid of anymore.

"So what was up with that dream you were having, Neo?", Luke suddenly asked me. I looked up from my scrambled eggs to see everyone looking at me intently.

"What do you want to know about it?", I asked them after swallowing the eggs that were in my mouth.

"Everything. What happened in the dream, the reason why you're saying it's nothing, and why you're zoning out more than usual.", Luke replied in a rush.

"Oookay. You have to be quiet and listen to what I tell you, okay?", I replied. Luke nodded his head and I told them what happened in my dream.

"So that's what happened? You're just daydreaming?", Luke asked me after I finished talking. But I didn't tell them about seeing Markus in the dream yet. I still don't understand that part.

"I'm not daydreaming, Luke. I'm just thinking about what it means. I feel like it means something, but I just don't know what."

"Hmm. Is there something you're not telling us, son?", dad asked.

"Honestly, yes."

"And that is?", mom responded, encouraging me to continue.

"Right before I woke up, I saw Markus. He was the person I was with in the dream. Do you think he could be my... you know?"

"It's possible. Maybe you should go walk around the pack lands again. Then you will be sure.", mom suggested. Maybe she's right, but I've been hiding out here so I don't find my mate. Then I started to smell something. It was honey and lavender. My fear from early came true, my mate came over here.

"Someone's here, I think I'll just take my breakfast and go. Have a nice day guys." I walked in my room at the same time someone knocked. I closed the door and put my ear to the door. I could act like I was sleeping but actually eavesdrop.

"Hello, Alpha Lake and Luna Jessica. And hello Luke.", a familiar voice greeted my family.

"Markus, well what a surprise. What are you doing here?", mom asked. So it was Markus that came over. Is he truly the one were the smell is coming from?

"I came over to talk to Neo if that's okay?" There was silence for a few minutes then dad spoke up.

"Only if you're not going to start anything. I was getting tired of the both of you getting into fights."

"I promise I won't."

"You might as well go wait in the living room. I don't think Neo is going to be coming down anytime soon."

"That's if he isn't eavesdropping.", mom quickly said. She had me there. I might as well finish breakfast and act busy. Why does Markus want to talk to me? He usually never comes here and, he usually doesn't want to talk to me. Is he here because he thinks we're mates? Well that doesn't sound like him. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and finished eating my breakfast. After I'm done eating I'll study for a while. I'm not in the mood to talk to Markus. Well at least not now.

"Hey, Neo. Are you still in there?", Luke asked three hours later. I stayed silent. He may end up coming in my room no matter what I say. Silence, then I heard the door open and the sound of feet coming up behind me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you.", I said to Luke. I knew that he was going to try and scare me.

"You always catch me when you're awake. So what have you been doing for the past three hours? And can you come downstairs to the living room?"

"I've been studying as you can see, and why?"

"Because we have a visitor, and he wants to talk."

"Tell him I'll talk with him in the woods in a couple more hours."

"Okay, just curious, does it ever get boring to just study for three hours straight?", Luke asked in a bored tone.

"Yes, it does get boring. But I'm only doing so much so I know what to do when I have to lead the pack.", I answered.

"Whatever you say, bro. I'll be back for you in two hours.", Luke said in a bored tone again. Luke left my room with a click of his tongue. I thought back to my previous thoughts, the ones I had before I started studying and after I had breakfast. The only way I would get my two questions answered would be by talking to Markus. I still don't want to talk to him. If we happen to be mates, I hope he would be able to understand the fact that I'm not ready. I'm not ready to be with someone other then family, I'm not ready to have a family. I feel like stress is starting to pile up already. I can't handle this. I can't do this, not without flipping my top and running away. Again. Except that I might be gone longer than last time. I can't do that to my parents and brother. I need time to think. No, right now I need to work. I'll have to worry about everything else later.

"Hey, Neo, it's been two hours. Our visitor already went into the woods. Don't make him wait any longer.", Luke called to me from outside my room.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute.", I called back. I guess I better go pay our visitor a visit. Maybe I'll get some answers. Maybe Markus also has questions to ask me. I'm sure he does if we happen to actually be mates. I walked downstairs to go to the hatch so I could climb down the tree. My family stayed where they where. I climbed down the ladder and followed the scent of honey and lavender to find Markus.