25. Markus

I wake up in the middle of the night hungry. I was craving something sweet, so downstairs I went. I walked to the kitchen with one hand rubbing my belly where my little angel was growing. I was currently ten weeks along and my stomach has grown a little bit in size. I still couldn't believe that I was going to have a baby. I reached the kitchen and immediately went over to the freezer. I opened the door and went to get my frozen delicacy. Though it wasn't there. I felt my eyes start to tear up and my lips tremble in pure sadness.

"Neo!" I whimpered out, hoping my mate could make my delicious treat appear.

What's wrong baby? Neo sleepily asked through our link.

M-my, my ice cream is g-gone. I cried.

It's okay sweetie. I'm coming down right now, okay?

O-okay. I whimpered, whipping at my face. Dang baby has me sobbing. I love them though. They are the creation of Neo and I.

"Oh baby, come here" Neo spoke, pulling me into his arms. I went willingly, letting out a couple sniffles.

"My-my ice cream" I pouted up at my mate. Neo kept me in his arms while he turned to the freezer. He opened the freezer and rummaged around before pulling back out. With his retreating hand was a familiar looking container. I smiled in glee and kissed Neo on the lips before taking the mint ice cream from his hands. I quickly popped the lid off and dove in. I did a little happy dance once the first spoonful of minty goodness entered my mouth. I heard Neo chuckle at my antics, but I paid him no mind as I had my fill of the yummy goodness. Neo came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He kissed me on the temple before gently rubbing my stomach with his thumbs. I tilted my head so I could give Neo a passionate kiss.

"Let's go back to bed" Neo said once we pulled apart. I let Neo put my ice cream away before picking me up and carrying me to bed. I laid my head against his shoulder as he moved through the house. Neo carefully placed me in the bed when we got back to our bedroom. He then quickly climbed in next to me. He pulled me into his chest as we both succumbed to the lovely darkness of sleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Neo rushing around. I slowly opened my eyes, blinking back the infiltrating light. I slowly sat up in bed, rubbing my tired eyes. I saw that Neo, had in a way, tore our room apart.

"What are you doing?" I called out to my rushing mate.

"Getting ready. I'm officially becoming Alpha today. I've put the ceremony off long enough." He responded from somewhere in the closet. I won't lie, I completely forgot it was finally set for today.

"You need to get ready too, my love. You'll be declared Luna today too." Neo poked his head out of the closet to look at me.

"What should I wear?" I asked from my comfy position on the bed. Gosh, I could lay here all day.

"I've already picked clothes out for you. They're lying on the bed." I looked over to where Neo pointed to see he really did get my clothes out for me. That's so sweet of him. I reluctantly crawled out of my comfy, warm spot to put the clothes on. Neo had gotten me a pair of blue jeans and a white button-down shirt. I quickly got dressed. I had just finished getting dressed when Neo finally left the closet. He was wearing dark gray jeans that were almost black with a navy-blue button-down. I must say, he looked a little too good in those jeans.

They make his ass look amazing. I want to go down on him. My horny wolf perked up. He was already drooling at the sight of Neo.

Me too, but not yet. We need to be patient.

I'll wait till after the ceremony, but then I'm pouncing.

Sounds good. Neo walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I placed my hands against his shoulders.

"Are you ready to go? I'd like to go visit my mom before the ceremony starts."

"Yeah, let's go." I grabbed ahold of Neo's hand, and we walked towards the ladder. After climbing down, we made our way towards the infirmary. I wished Luna Jessica could see her son become Alpha today, though that stupid pack had to go and ruin it. This of course was the second time that they've ruined our packs lives, and there's not much we could do except cope with the loss and be there for each other. We all tried to continue on with our lives despite the losses weighing on our hearts.

We quickly entered the infirmary and walked to Jessica's room. Upon entering, I saw that not much has changed since the last time I saw her. Jessica was still attached to those awful machines. Besides the heart monitor, the slow movement of her chest showed that she was still alive. I hope she does wake up. I don't want Neo to have to go through the pain of losing a parent.

"Hey mom." Neo greeted his mother. He grabbed ahold of her hand, kneeling by her side. "I finally decided to become Alpha today. I wish you could be there to see me. It would have been so nice, but at least dad will be there. Though he is kind of running the ceremony." Neo let out a sad chuckle. I watched as I could see a single tear run down his cheek. I wanted to hold him close, but I knew he needed this moment with his mom. I didn't want to ruin it for him. Neo took a shaky breath before continuing to speak.

"I wish you would wake up soon. We're all waiting for you to come back. The pack misses you. Dad misses you. I miss you. Please, wake up soon. I miss you mom." Neo then burst out crying, holding onto his mother's limp hand. I couldn't take it anymore, so I wrapped my mate up in my embrace. I waited patiently, holding on tightly, as Neo cried in longing for his mother. After a little while. Neo finally whipped his eyes and stood up. He took one more shaky breath before looking at me.

"Come on, we need to get going." I stood up and took Neo's hand. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before we left Jessica's room. Telling her bye. We walked outside and headed over to the pack meeting area. We had thankfully arrived before the pack started to show up.

I waited by Neo's side, starting to get nervous at the sight of the pack forming around the area. I couldn't believe we were finally becoming leaders of the pack. This feels so unbelievable. I felt Neo squeeze my hand which caused me to look up at him. He gave me a small smile, almost like he could tell I was a little nervous. Once the entire pack showed up, Neo, Lake, and I stepped in front of them all. I really started to get nervous then. I pressed myself into Neo and squeezed his hand trying to gain strength from his presence.

"We are gathered here today to witness Neo and Markus take over this pack." Lake started off, addressing the pack. "I will be handing off my title as Alpha to my son, and his mate will therefore become your new Luna."

"Neo" Lake then turned towards us, addressing Neo. "Do you promise to protect this pack with your life?"

"I do"

"Will you do everything in your power to meet the needs of the pack and help out these people when in need?"

"I do"

"Markus" I stood tall at the mention of my name. "Do you promise to stand by Neo as his mate, helping him and supporting him with his decisions?"

"I do"

"I, as old Alpha, hereby declare you the new Alpha and Luna of this pack. I'm proud to be placing these rules onto you too. I know the both of you will do great things and lead this pack to further prosperity." Lake smiled at the both of us in pride. It really felt like he was my dad for a moment. I also almost cried at his loving, prideful words. The pack cheered and howled in congratulations for us becoming the next leaders.

"Thank you, dad." Neo said, smiling fondly at his father. Lake took his son into a tight hug. I smiled at the sight of them.

"Now come, we need to celebrate the two of you becoming leaders." Lake slapped his hands onto our shoulders and led us to the rest of the pack. I was going to spend some alone time with Neo afterwards, but I guess that will just have to wait till after the party. Neo and I gave in and mingled with the rest of our pack. Today has been a good day despite the tearful event prior to the ceremony. I am glad we get to finish it off with the pack. It's great to be amongst out people and interacting with them like their just friends instead of people we're leading over. I stuck to Neo and enjoyed the rest of the night.