8. Markus

I stuck with my idea. After breakfast, I told my parents I was going to go for a walk. They didn't say anything so I knew they were okay with it. When I got to the packhouse, I could really smell the scent of strawberries and oranges. So Neo was still home, that's good to know. I knocked on the ladder that led up to the house in the trees. I could smell the scent fading slightly, but it was still strong. Neo probably went to his room. Luke was the one to open the hatch that let you into the house. Luke smiled down at me and beckoned for me to climb up the ladder. I'm surprised that Luke actually smiled at me, being with all the fights I got into with his brother.

"Hello, Alpha Lake and Luna Jessica. And hello Luke.", I greeted when I crawled inside the house. I must say that it was spacious. I appeared to be in their dining room. I saw a table with plates that still had food on them. I think I interrupted their breakfast. Oops. Their dining room walls were blue with gray trimming. The table looked to be made out of oak with a glossed finish. The chairs looked to be made out of hardware store wood, and the chairs even looked like they got a gloss finish as well.

"Markus, well what a surprise. What are you doing here?", Luna Jessica asked, snapping me out my trance.

"I came over to talk to Neo if that's okay?" I watched as Alpha Lake and Luna Jessica looked at each other, unsure how to answer. There was silence for a few minutes before they seemed to have come up with a decision. It probably took them a while to decide because I did fight with their son, Neo, a lot.

"Only if you're not going to start anything. I was getting tried of the both of you getting into fights.", Alpha Lake told me.

"I promise I won't."

"You might as well go wait in the living room. I don't think Neo is going to be coming down anytime soon."

"That's if he isn't eavesdropping.", Luna Jessica quickly said. I nodded my head and walked to the living room that went to the dining room. The dining room had a tiled wood floor, but the living room had a carpeted floor. The carpet was the color of grass in the summer, a fresh bright green. The carpet even looked inviting, like it would be soft if you laid down on it. Maybe even take a nap.

"You can sit on the floor if you're more interested in it, than the actual furniture.", someone said suddenly, making me slightly jump. I whirled around to see Luke standing there, clearly trying to keep a chuckle from escaping his mouth.

"Sorry, did I startle you?", he asked smiling.

"No. Okay maybe a tiny bit. I wasn't expecting you to sneek up behind me.", I replied.

"And you're supposed to be a werewolf. You should've been able to sniff me out from a mile." I rolled my eyes at his remark.

"To be honest, I was zoned out. I don't pay attention to things when I zone out."

"I understand. I zone out all the time. I heard that you and my big bro might be mates."

"We are mates. I can definatly tell."

"Don't go and get your tail all in a twist. Lets just do a simple test. It's only one question. What does he smell like to you?"

"He smells like strawberries and oranges."

"Okay, you guys are definatley mates which means that I won't see Neo suffer anymore."

"He's what?" So Neo hasn't been seen outside because he hasn't been feeling up to it. That hurts to know that he's been suffering. Although, I don't know if I want to know how long.

"All he's been doing latley is sleeping and studying. Hey, now that I look at you closer, you also look like you aren't doing all to well either. It must be because the two of you aren't together. I'll go get Neo out of his room. He's probably studying right now, like the usual." I watch Luke start to turn and leave but I grabbed his arm preventing him from going. He looked at me confused.

"I feel like we should give him time. Let's just wait for him to come down by himself. If he doesn't come down in three more hours, then you can go get him.", I suggested to Luke. He nodded his head in agreament before sitting down on the couch. I decided to plop down on the carpet with my back against the other side of the couch. I heard Alpha Lake and Luna Jessica walk into the room.

"Luke, you're in charge while your mom and I are gone. Be nice to Markus, I don't want to have to deal with anymore fights. And Markus, I know you aren't my son but please don't push Luke and listen to him."

"I've got one question, Alpha Lake. Why aren't you putting Neo in charge since he's the oldest?" Alpha Lake looked me up and down for a minute, probably wondering if he should answer my question or not.

"Because he is in no shape to be in charge, and he's in his room.", he answered finally, and with that answer, he left with Luna Jessica.

"So, what do you do when your parents are out?", I asked Luke once the two alphas were a mile away from their house.

"Usually I rustle with Neo, but he ain't in the shape for rustling.", he responded without looking at me. Both of us stayed quiet for a few minutes before Luke spoke up.

"How about we watch some TV", he suggested. I nodded my head in agreement.

Three hours later and Neo decided to not come downstairs. Luke went upstairs to get Neo like we had agreed on. I chose to not eavesdrop and, instead continued to watch tv. I heard Luke coming back downstairs. I looked away from the tv to see Luke with a glum expression. I never thought I would see Luke with a glum look, never. He was always cheery. But here he was in front of me with that glum expression clear on his face.

"Neo wants to talk with you in the woods in two hours. I wonder what's up with him.", Luke said to me.

"Okay, and you can tell me anything Luke. I wont tell anyone anything if you don't want me to say something.", I told Luke. I wanted him to feel safe with me and that he could trust me.

"Are you sure? I have a lot of problems that even Neo doesn't know about." Luke looked at me with uncertainty clear in his eyes.

I nodded my head and said, "Yeah, you can trust me. I'll give you the time to listen to what you have to say." Luke nodded his head satisfied.

"Maybe I'll tell you what's on my mind another time. You're here to talk to Neo. To see if you guys are mates and to ask questions I presume." I nodded my head indictating that he was right. Luke smiled softly at me. I gave him a smile back. For a hour and a half, we watched more TV and Luke gave me a better description of how Neo has been in the past three months. When a hour and a half went by, Luke told me to head to the woods. He said that he would get Neo in a half hour. I told him thank you and made my way to the woods.