23. Markus

Three weeks have passed since the attack. There was no improvement in Luna Jessica's health. Neo has been afraid for her life the entire time. I've been trying to help him out like he did for me, though it hasn't helped much. Especially since we told Luke about what happened to their mother. Once we told him, he crumpled to the floor in tears. Neo is upset for his family, though he is trying to be strong for Luke.

Another thing that hasn't helped me much is that I haven't been feeling so hot lately. I've been waking up the past week feeling nauseous. I'm afraid to tell Neo for fear of him crumbling further. I don't need him to be concerned for me while he's worrying about his parents. I made the decision to go see the pack healer without Neo's knowledge. I hoped that it was nothing serious and is just my body's way of coping with the previous events. Speaking of seeing the healer, I'm currently here now waiting for them.

"Oh, hey Markus!" Called a voice. I looked up to see it was Nicholas. When I took in his appearance, I noticed his belly was a little more rounded than the last time I saw him. Oh my gosh, is he expecting! That'd be so exciting for him.

"I'm about three months along now." Nicholas stated when he noticed me staring at his stomach.

"It must be exciting" I responded, excited for him.

"It is" he said, smiling down softly as his round tummy. "So, what brings you in today?"

"Oh, I've been waking up feeling a nauseous for the past week."

"Have you been getting plenty hours of sleep?"

"Yes"

Not over filling yourself at dinner?"

"No"

"Have you had sex?" Nichalous asked bluntly.

"Um, yeah" I answered the intrusive question.

"Do you wear protection when engaging in internet activities?"

"No, I probably should start though."

"It might already be too late for that."

"What?" I was confused by his statement.

"Come, follow me." I stood up from my seat and followed Nichalous into another room. In the room was some type of machine with a screen attached to it.

"I want you to lay on the table over there and lift your shirt up to your chest." I followed his instructions doing as he asked. I climbed onto the table and laid down while pulling my shirt up. Nicholas pulled the machine up next to me. He then poured a cold like substance onto my stomach causing me to shiver. He flashed me an apologetic smile before pressing the wand looking thing to my stomach. He moved it around while staring intently at the screen.

"Ah ha" Nicholas said suddenly, startling me a little. "You see this tiny black blob on the screen?"

"Yeah, I can. What is it?"

Your baby" I stared at him dumbfounded.

"Huh?" I asked intelligently.

"You're pregnant Markus. You're going to have a pup." I laid there in shock, taking the news in. I was pregnant. I'm going to be a parent. I'm having a kid with Neo! I felt my lips pull into a smile at my last thought. Neo and I are going to raise a kid together. Wait, is he going to even want a child? He might not want one yet.

I believe he'll be happy to have a pup with you. My wolf spoke up, trying to calm my nerves.

But we haven't even talked about having children yet.

Well, we're having one now and he better get used to it.

It's not a good time though, especially with everything going on.

This just may be what Neo needs to balance himself out. Besides, the baby is already growing inside of us. There's nothing we can do about it now.

You're right. Thanks Matt.

You're welcome, Markus. I looked up to see Nichalous watching me.

"Can I possibly have some pictures?" I asked meekly.

"Of course" He then printed some pictures of the sonogram for me before cleaning off my stomach.

"Thank you" I told him as he handed me the pictures. He nodded his head towards me and bade me a good day/ I walked back home with the pictures clutched in my hand and my heart pounding. I honestly couldn't wait to tell Neo the news.

Once I got back home, I immediately started looking for Neo. I found him in the living room. He was staring blankly at the black t.v. screen. I carefully walked over to him and sat down. He remained unfazed by my presence. I continued to sit next to him in silence for a few minutes.

"Hey, um...I've got some news to tell you." I finally spoke up.

"Hm" Neo responded, still unmoving.

"Um, I'm pregnant" Neo didn't respond but the air around him changed. I could tell he was taking in what I said.

"Pregnant?" He asked, finally turning to look at me. His face showed disbelief, but I could see the hope shining in his eyes. I gave Neo a small smile as I nodded my head yes. He placed shaky hands on my stomach as he stared down at my flat tummy.

"We're going to be parents?!" I placed my hands on top of my mate's.

"Yeah. We're going to have a pup." Tears started to form in my eyes. Neo suddenly pulled me into a tight hug, tears falling from his eyes in joy. I hugged him back, loving the happy joyful embrace. I also loved putting a smile on my mate's face for the first time in three weeks.

After we pulled away, I showed Neo the sonogram pictures of our baby. He stared in awe at the pictures, rubbing where the little black blob of our unborn was located. Happiness and joy flowed through our bond. We spent the rest of the evening cuddled on the couch together looking at the sonogram pictures. I couldn't wait for our little one to arrive.