5. Neo

I woke up two hours later, just like mom had said. I went downstairs to see that dad was waiting for me.

"Want to go walk around the pack lands with me, learn more about leading the pack?", he asked me. I nodded my head vigorously, absolutely excited to learn more. I could also find my mate by walking around with dad. Although I don't really want to meet my mate just yet. If I meet them, then it means a whole other responsibility that I'm not ready for. My parents told me that meeting your mate will be the best day of your life. I think their words apply more to people who want to settle early and make a family. I on the other hand just want to enjoy life until I become alpha and then I will settle down and create a family. I don't know what I would do if I found my mate today. Maybe I'll just wing it.

Wing it and probably fail. My wolf told me, chuckling to himself.

Shut it. Of course, my response just caused him to laugh harder. Stupid wolf.

If anyone's stupid, it's you, and please get some food.

Yeah, whatever.

I got something to eat before I went out with dad. I learned more about the pack as I walked around with him. I got to see all that went on in the pack lands then just what happened at home. I saw the training area again. The training area is it help teach thirteen-year-olds how to control their wolfs when they can turn. Luke just had extra practice with me when he was able to turn. I also saw the battle area, where some of the pack members train for battle. The alpha sometimes practices battling with the pack members, who are training for battle. I must say that it looked like fun.

As we were walking I caught sight of Markus drinking a fruit smoothie. It looked a little funny though. Then I smelled it. A nice scent, it smelled like honey and lavender. That's when I knew I had smelled my mate. I started to panic, I wasn't ready to get with someone. Oh, no. I could wait for a long time, but now that I found my mate, I wanted to get the heck out of there. Although my wolf was trying to tell me to go to my mate.

"Hey, Neo. Are you okay son?", dad asked worriedly. His voice sounded like it was coming from far away, but I was still able to shake my head no. No, I wasn't okay. I heard someone say something, but I couldn't hear them. I was too busy trying to think a way out of this mess. I think there was a commotion going on around me, but I wasn't paying attention. My eyes drifted over to the woods. The woods, that's where I can go. I quickly made my escape to the woods. I think I'll just take a walk in the woods and calm down my beating heart. I didn't even bother to stay and see where the smell was coming from, apparently, my panic overpowered my curiosity. It also overpowered my wolf's desire to find the owner of the delicious smell. I think I'll stay in the woods for the night.

Two weeks have passed before I decided to head back to my house. I walked in the door to get a surprise hug from Luke.

"Hey, buddy. I missed you too, now can you please let go before you kill me.", I said to him while I rubbed his head.

"Sorry, bro. I just missed you, and what were you thinking?! You can't just have a major panic attack, and then run away like somethings after you.", Luke replied furiously, and he punched my arm when he said 'what were you thinking'.

"I'm sorry Luke. To be honest, I wasn't thinking at all. Well, I was actually thinking about running away and ended up camping in the woods for two weeks straight. How are mom and dad?", I asked to hopefully distract Luke and keep him from going bananas on me.

"We're fine", someone said suddenly making me jump. I looked up to see two furious faces of two people I knew and love. It was my parents and they didn't look happy, but they did look slightly relieved that I'm back.

"We almost went crazy when you ran into the forest. We almost sent a search party to look for you, but luckily we knew you like to be left alone. We figured you would only go running into the forest for a reason.", dad said. I looked down at the floor, guilty for making them feel the way they did.

"I'm sorry mom and dad. I don't know what got to me."

"It's okay sweetie. Just don't do something like that again without letting us know where you are, and if you're okay. Okay?", mom said while lifting my face up to look at them with her finger. Mom had a sparkle in her eyes making me smile slightly.

"Okay.", I replied. "Is it okay if I go to my room?" My parents nodded their heads in approval. I put my hand on the doorknob when I smelled something familiar. It was the smell of my mate, whoever they were. I felt my eyes widen and I pushed the door open. I hoped that my mate wasn't in my room. I looked around my room, making sure that my mate wasn't there. I sniffed the air again and noticed that the scent was getting fainter. Whoever my mate was, they were leaving. Suddenly I was feeling sick inside. I shook my head trying to clear it as I fell down on my bed.

♣♣♣♣♣

I was walking around in the woods following a familiar person, but I couldn't remember who. I stopped thinking about who it was and just kept on walking. Whoever I was following, I loved them. Maybe my mate since I could smell a really nice scent coming from them. They smelled like honey and lavender. Wait I already knew that. Hahaha, silly me. I smelled them the day I turned eighteen, I just hadn't stayed around to see who the person was.

"What are you thinking about? You aren't backing out now, are you?", someone asked. It was the person I was following. The person had crept up behind me.

"Nope. Just thinking about the past."

"Okay, and it's too late to turn back now. Since we're here." I felt the person leave my back and walk to what looked like a cliff. Yeah, it was a cliff. Now I remember why I was following the person, we both had decided to jump off a cliff, at night, to go swimming. I watched the figure in front of me take off his shirt, then his pants. I followed his lead taking my clothes off as well. We both left our boxers on. We didn't really care if our boxers got wet. We jumped off the cliff falling into the surprisingly warm water. I resurfaced and felt arms wrap around my waist. Yep, I was definitely with my mate. I leaned into his embrace feeling his chest on my back. I turned my head to look at his face.

"Neo, it's time to wake up now.", he spoke. Wait, what?

I woke up to Luke yelling my name. Phew, it was just a dream. I sat up in bed and pushed Luke, who was sitting on top of me, off.

"Finally you wake up. I was calling you for an hour straight, you must have been having a good dream."

"Actually, I'm glad you woke me up. So what brings you to my room, buddy?", I asked Luke. I've been calling Luke buddy because we were just really close to each other.

"My wants you to go get some fresh air because you've been hanging out in your room for three months straight. And you've been complaining how you feel sick every time we come in here."

"Because I do feel sick."

"She would also like to know why you feel sick."

"I don't have an answer to that question. All I can tell you is that I've been under the weather since I came home after being in the woods for two weeks.", I explained.

"Hmm, okay. Whatever you say, big bro." Luke turned around to leave, but when he got to the doorway, he turned back around to face me.

"Will you at least come down for breakfast?", he asked.

"Sure, but I'm coming back up here after breakfast.", I replied. I still wasn't feeling well, and I didn't want to be around others for a long time.