9. Markus

I was walking away from the pack house with my head down. Thoughts were swirling around in my mind as I walked. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and, I accidentally ran into something. I fell down from the force of the impact and heard someone let out a chuckle.

  "You alright there, kid?" The voice sounded familiar so, I quickly looked up to see alpha Lake standing over me with his hand out. I looked at him surprised as I let him help me up. I was surprised because he never called me kid. The only people he called kid or son was Neo and Luke.

  "Y-yeah, I'm fine. Sorry I ran into you Alpha. I wasn't looking at where I was going, and I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.", I told him when I saw that he was still waiting for me to tell him if I was okay or not.

  "It's okay, Markus. You don't have to apologize.", he chuckled. I nodded my head in understanding.

  "So, how was the talk with Neo?", Luna Jessica spoke up. I have to be honest, I had forgotten she was there.

  "It was fine. I promise that the house won't look like a tornado went through it when you both get home.", I replied.

  "So you both made amends? You're not going to try to tare each other apart anymore?", Alpha Lake asked.

  "Yeah we made amends. We're not going to try to kill each other anymore." I watched as Alpha Lake's face turned to relief. I have to admit that I felt bad about lying to them about Neo and me talking when we actually didn't talk. But I wanted them to hope that Neo and I are getting over our problems. I even hope we get better.

  "Well you should probably get back home, Markus. We even need to get back and check up on Neo.", Luna Jessica said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded my head as I gave them a quick goodbye as I walked away. I was more of wondering around in the forest, waiting for Neo. I was, of course careful about when I might run into the boundary line between the pack land and someone else's pack land. I was still thinking about the conversation with Alpha Lake and Luna Jessica. I don't know why I was thinking the conversation over but I was.

  "Markus! How far did you walk?!", someone called. I turned around when I could smell strawberries and oranges.

  "Neo! Is that you?!", I called back. I waited for a few minutes for him to say something back but instead he appeared from a cluster of trees. He looked nervous and I could see that he was shaking slightly. His hair had grown a little longer meaning that he must have not had a hair cut since fourteen weeks ago. He was wearing black jeans, a blue navy shirt and a black biker jacket. His clothes outlined his body perfectly. He looked so fucking hot that I could just melt. My wolf also agreed with my statement.

  "You walk pretty far when you have some time. We're almost three fourths of the way to the end of our land.", he chuckled, still looking nervous. He snapped me out of my thoughts. I gave him a small smile hoping to resure him.

  "We're really that far?" Neo nodded his head, he looked a tiny bit better but was still shaking.

  "Why did you want to talk to me, Markus?", Neo asked. He tilted his head. I took an even closer look at him and I could see that he was definitely studying for an hour too long.

  "Why did you run into the forest fourteen weeks ago? Why have you been hiding at the pack house for the past three months? Does it all have something to do with me?", I asked, getting to the point quickly.

  "First, wow that's cutting to the chase pretty quickly. And second, why do you want to know?", Neo replied. He held his hands and arms out like 'why you want me to do this' with his face scrunched up.

  "Because we're mates and I'd like to know."

  "I ran into the forest because I apparently smelled you, and I wasn't ready to have a mate. I thought that if I ran into the forest and hid for a while, that my mate would come looking for me. If they didn't show up, then that meant that they were still young. Looks like they were only two weeks younger.", Neo explained. I soaked up the information for a few minutes before talking.

  "Why didn't you come for me when you started to feel under the weather?", I asked. Neo tilted his head confused as if askinng how I knew that he wasn't feeling well.

  "Your family told me how you've been for the past three months. So, why didn't you come for me?"

  "Why are you now asking when you've know for the past three months, hmm? You come to me now?"

  "Touche. But why did you not come?"

  "Because I didn't stick around to find out who my mate was. All I did was smell something then make a run for it."

  "Oh. So what are we going to do now that we found out we're mates?"

  "You'll move into the house, but you will be sleeping in one of the many guest rooms." He emphasized the word many as if telling me we both won't be in the same room together.

  "You still don't want to be with me, don't you?"

  "I want to take it slow. First get used to being around you in a different nonvoilent way, and then be together as true mates." Neo looked me up and down like he wasn't completely sure of me. I couldn't blame him. We both used to fight, and I did almost kill him. I should give him time to get used to being with me, and I have to admit that I kind of want to take it slow too.

  "Well lets go get my things then. Unless you want a bit more time to think."

  "No, we'll go get the items you need then head to the house." I nodded my head and we went to my house to get my things.

♣♣♣♣♣♣

  "Neo!? What are you doing here?", my mom asked when I climbed up the ladder to my house with Neo right behind me.

  "I came with Markus to help pack his things. He'll be living with my family and I for now on.", Neo replied. My mom looked at the both of us shocked.

  "T-the b-both of you a-are m-mates.", she stuttered. Neo and I nodded our heads in unison.

  "Well we should probably get my stuff then head out.", I awkwardly said to Neo. Neo nodded his head looking as awkward as I felt. We both said hi to my mom as we passed her to my room. My house was only one story were Neo's is two stories. We got my clothes packed into bags in about two hours then bid my mom bye before we left for Neo's house. I was glad that my dad and younger brother weren't there to see that Neo and I are mates. Although, knowing my mom, she might end up telling them who my mate is.